Tory70

Apr 21, 2010
Hi, I know there are some samples on this blog of sponsership letters for social visa's but I have emailed them to a friend (in Bali) and they said they seemed out of date? Can any one suggest or email me a copy of a current letter that I can give to my Indonesian sponser, (I'm trying to avoid paying a visa consultant a huge fee.) We are a family of 5 moving to Bali and need to apply to the Sydney Consulate for visa's. Is one letter per family sufficient or do we need one each....I can't seem to get thru to Consulate except to pre recoreded message.
Thanks

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
there are some samples on this blog of sponsership letters for social visa's but I have emailed them to a friend (in Bali) and they said they seemed out of date?

There is a sample at Sample SOSBUD letter - Indonesian visa This is for a wife sponsoring a husband, but I cannot see why anyone would say it is out of date.

For you amusement, the Google translation of it is
Sincerely,

We the undersigned are:

Name: (name of wife)
Place and date of birth:
Nationality: Indonesian
Current address:
We hereby apply to Honor Mr. Ambassador RI is pleased to provide a socio-cultural visa valid 60 days to the lawful husband of my data is below:
Name: (name)
Sex: Male
Place / THL birth:
Nationality:
We need to report that we submitted this petition for my husband who is on top of me as his wife will visit, and will tinngal in Bogor, West Java, Indonesia, and the husband's presence in Indonesia will be my responsibility.
Thus We make this request and for your attention. Dad's help and wisdom, we thank you.

Sincerely,
Clearly, you may need to adapt the wife-husband stuff. There is another sample letter on this site. The important info is details of the sponsor and details of the sponsored person

mat

Dec 18, 2008
Singaraja
There is a sample at Sample SOSBUD letter - Indonesian visa This is for a wife sponsoring a husband, but I cannot see why anyone would say it is out of date.

For you amusement, the Google translation of it is

Clearly, you may need to adapt the wife-husband stuff. There is another sample letter on this site. The important info is details of the sponsor and details of the sponsored person

Funny, the one I always used was. "Please grant a visa to ****** to visit me and my family in [date]. I will give him any support and help he may need. {Name address, signature and attach photo copy of ID card}
I didnt know they was a right or wrong way to do it. But I must say Ronb's example does sound more polite than mine.

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Well yours is very direct and to the point - I like it. But maybe it is more Indonesian to add some respect for the "very important people" you are requesting the visa from.

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
See below

Perihal: Permohonan Visa Kepada
Sosial Budaya. Yth: Kedutaan Besar
Republik Indonesia
Di Inggeris

Dengan Hormat.

Yang Bertanda Tangan Dibawah Ini:

Nama :Sponsor
Pekerjaan :perawat
Alamat :
Bersama ini mengajukan permohonan visa kujungan sosial budaya
bagi teman baik saya beserta keluarganya:

Nama : You
Kebangsaan : Inggeris
Paspor No. :

Nama : Family member and repeat as required
Kebangsaan : Inggeris
Paspor No. :

Karena yang bersangkutan tinggal di Bali, Indonesia . Saya sebagai sponsor akan menjamin sepenuhnya selama berada di Indonesia.

Demikian surat permohonan ini saya buat, dengan sebenarnya untuk
dapat dipergunakan sebagaimana mestinya.

Hormat Saya

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
Sample letter for Sosial Budaya

This is the sponsorship letter I have been using for my Sosial Budaya, very successfully I must add, over the last ten or so years.

Dear Mr. Big Boss at Imigrasi,

How's business in the Ibu Kota? Here, in bum-fu ck Kintamani, everything is hunky-dory. I hope that my monthly contribution for your "ceremonies," which I gave to Officer Wayan last week when he kindly visited us in the village, was large enough to satisfy your Gods.

I write this letter to ask you to review positively the application for a sosial budaya by my VERY dear cousin (insert name of the applicant), who wishes to come and visit me and my family in this God-forsaken place, next (insert proper date).

My dear cousin (insert name) is a man (or woman) of outstanding character, both moral and financial. Each time he (she) comes, he (she) brings me some good shi t from his home country which is hard to match in quality with the junk presently available on the Island. (Insert name again) is also very much appreciated by the people of my village, as he (she) is very generous with his (her) nose candy, which he (she) distributes freely during our weekly wild parties at the Bale Banjar, and which I know you personally enjoy very much. Without his (her) generosity, we couldn't possibly afford these weekly gatherings, believe me.

Also, my dear cousin is an asset to the village for the sex education he (she) provides (at no cost to the village, I must add) to everyone under the age of 10. Since we don't yet have any TVs or other form of entertainment in this dog-gone f*****g place of ours, these activities keep the kids off the street, thus contributing greatly to the peace in our village.

Obviously, my dear cousin (insert name once more) is a person of means, with money coming out of his (her) a as: a real walking ATM machine. (FYI, he (she) was a personal friend and associate of financial genius Bernard Madoff, now retired). So, no problem there as far as the financial support is concerned. As for his (her) whereabouts during his (her) stay in Bali, between the drunken and pot parties and busy "teaching" schedule, he (she) hardly leaves the banjar, so your colleagues wont have any problem finding him (her) for their periodic shake-downs.

I therefore hope you will view my dear cousin's request for a visit positively.

Looking forward to seeing at our next party,

Sincerely,

Prof Dr. I.B.W.X.Y.Z Made

Last edited:

selly

Sep 25, 2010
Attention plz,,,,,

Gud affternoon,
my name is selly from indonesian, nd live in jakarta. i need some help for my friend.
i have a friend from pakistani, he's so a nice man with degree bachelor Sciene.
he want to get a some job in indonesia. Do u know some company can to working a stranger people + bcome sponsor's?:icon_exclaim:
Plz contact me.

Thx's
redgars :icon_e_smile:

freetofly

Aug 30, 2010
Ha ha!! very funny, I was looking for info on this subject and come across your repy, very funny!!! thanks for the laugh.

This is the sponsorship letter I have been using for my Sosial Budaya, very successfully I must add, over the last ten or so years.

Dear Mr. Big Boss at Imigrasi,

How's business in the Ibu Kota? Here, in bum-fu ck Kintamani, everything is hunky-dory. I hope that my monthly contribution for your "ceremonies," which I gave to Officer Wayan last week when he kindly visited us in the village, was large enough to satisfy your Gods.

I write this letter to ask you to review positively the application for a sosial budaya by my VERY dear cousin (insert name of the applicant), who wishes to come and visit me and my family in this God-forsaken place, next (insert proper date).

My dear cousin (insert name) is a man (or woman) of outstanding character, both moral and financial. Each time he (she) comes, he (she) brings me some good shi t from his home country which is hard to match in quality with the junk presently available on the Island. (Insert name again) is also very much appreciated by the people of my village, as he (she) is very generous with his (her) nose candy, which he (she) distributes freely during our weekly wild parties at the Bale Banjar, and which I know you personally enjoy very much. Without his (her) generosity, we couldn't possibly afford these weekly gatherings, believe me.

Also, my dear cousin is an asset to the village for the sex education he (she) provides (at no cost to the village, I must add) to everyone under the age of 10. Since we don't yet have any TVs or other form of entertainment in this dog-gone f*****g place of ours, these activities keep the kids off the street, thus contributing greatly to the peace in our village.

Obviously, my dear cousin (insert name once more) is a person of means, with money coming out of his (her) a as: a real walking ATM machine. (FYI, he (she) was a personal friend and associate of financial genius Bernard Madoff, now retired). So, no problem there as far as the financial support is concerned. As for his (her) whereabouts during his (her) stay in Bali, between the drunken and pot parties and busy "teaching" schedule, he (she) hardly leaves the banjar, so your colleagues wont have any problem finding him (her) for their periodic shake-downs.

I therefore hope you will view my dear cousin's request for a visit positively.

Looking forward to seeing at our next party,

Sincerely,

Prof Dr. I.B.W.X.Y.Z Made