Sosbud visa sponsor letter

clm

Oct 19, 2016
Hi.

I understand that if a person wants to stay for longer (2+ months), it's best with the social cultural visa. But it also requires a sponsoring letter form local living there?

What are the options for acquiring one? As I would imagine, there are some amount of people staying there with this visa type, they have found a local who was willing to provide that paperwork?

Or, as I have read, there are also visa agents that can help out with that for a fee. What are the latest prices for letting an agent take care of visa extensions for the sosbud, and possible sponsor letter?

Of course, I plan to actually sponsor myself, and have enough funds saved on bank accounts, if statement is needed.

Also, it's been quite a while since I researched about this visa type and the process. Was there a longer time needed to apply for one (in Europe), or it's doable in days or weeks?

Thank you for any info!

Laralea

May 16, 2018
We used Visa4Bali - they were fantastic and assisted with the sponsorship. Everything was done through email. The only thing is that you must go to an Indonesian Consulate to get the visa before you arrive. We did ours in Hong Kong and were required to have multiple documents such as original application form only acquired in person from the consulate, bank statements, return flight booking, housing verification in Bali, passports valid for a certain period of time, photos and cash for processing - took 3 days total. (you must have a Hong Kong ID here in order to qualify and use this office, but Singapore is quicker and anyone case use)

Nydave

Jun 4, 2015
It seems each consulate has different rules and regulations as to what a visitor has to provide,,one would imagine that there would be one set of rules regardless of what country you are applying from,

Laralea

May 16, 2018
It seems each consulate has different rules and regulations as to what a visitor has to provide,,one would imagine that there would be one set of rules regardless of what country you are applying from,

Not sure if they differ so greatly, but get your point that there should be one standard of requirements!

Nydave

Jun 4, 2015
Here in Ny no bank statement required because the sponsor is actually responsible for the visitor,process takes 2 days,,

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
Even the different consulates in Australia have different rules and requirements for providing the sosial budaya visa.

Sydney Consulate requires an exit ticket from Indonesia within 180 days of arrival, but doesn't require copies of bank statements. For non-Australian citizens, they do require proof of permanent residency in Australia.

Darwin Consulate requires an exit ticket within 180 days AND proof of funds to support yourself via a recent bank statement. Non Australian citizens must provide a copy of a valid Australian visa.

Perth Consulate requires an exit ticket within 180 days, but no bank statements required. For non-Australian citizens, they also require proof of permanent residency in Australia or a valid Australian visa.

Melbourne Consulate requires an exit ticket from Indonesia within 180 days of arrival AND banks statements with proof of funds. They also require documentation to prove you actually live in Melbourne or Victoria. If you don't have a bank statement from a bank in the state of Victoria or a rate notice/electricity bill for a Victorian property in your name, no social visa willl be provided (this is not mentioned on their website, but from experience, I can confirm this is the case).

Canberra Embassy requires an exit ticket within 180 days AND banks statements showing proof of funds. Non Australian citizens must have proof of a valid Australian visa.

clm

Oct 19, 2016
Hi.

Thank you for the replies.
I'm currently stationed in Portugal, so the best thing is to go ask from the consulate in Lisbon. Then I know in advance what they need and can prepare. Don't have any rush with it, as I'm making plans for the winter time.

Any more recommendations/options for the sponsor letter? Thanks!

Nydave

Jun 4, 2015
Not sure if you have private message options on here as you only have 10 messages,,,used to be you needed to pass 20 messages before you could get private messages,however that may have changed,,i have information about an agent that im using and the prices to cover letter,and also all extensions,but i dont want to give out such info on a public forum,,let me know if you have PM available and i will be happy to send you the info,

Metter

Oct 8, 2017
Sanur Kauh
Not sure if you have private message options on here as you only have 10 messages,,,used to be you needed to pass 20 messages before you could get private messages,however that may have changed,,i have information about an agent that im using and the prices to cover letter,and also all extensions,but i dont want to give out such info on a public forum,,let me know if you have PM available and i will be happy to send you the info,

Hi Nydave,

Could you also send details to me please? Many thanks

Nydave

Jun 4, 2015
Will be happy to do ,after i figure out how to send a pm,used to be easy but since some changes to the forum i cant see an option for that anymore,

clm

Oct 19, 2016
Hi.

I started a 'conversation' through user profile. I think that's the private message section there..?

Thanks for the info!

Reactions: matsaleh

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
Will be happy to do ,after i figure out how to send a pm,used to be easy but since some changes to the forum i cant see an option for that anymore,
Just click on the person's name on the left-hand side of the page and a dialogue box will appear. Click on "Start a Conversation"
upload_2018-7-14_10-10-26.png

upload_2018-7-14_10-12-2.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-14_10-11-40.png
    upload_2018-7-14_10-11-40.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: clm