Lovegrove

Feb 7, 2013
Karangasem
Can anyone help with a contact/info for renewing social visa in KL - we have 10 days there - so time isn't an issue......hopefully?

Thanks
Kate

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Can anyone help with a contact/info for renewing social visa in KL - we have 10 days there - so time isn't an issue......hopefully?
Kate

Getting a sosbud in KL is DIY....no need for contacts. Just take your info as described in this link: Social-Cultural Visa.
I suggest going early in the morning to the Embassy as they have a restriction on the number of applicants per day. If accepted, the Sosbud is usually available for pick-up the following afternoon.

Barekarma

Jan 8, 2012
Denpasar
Hi Lovegrove,
If going to KL, in my experience get there BEFORE they open the gates! There are huge queues, and it can be very confusing to know which queue to join. Watch out for the other Westerners (often with their Agents) and follow them. Make sure that you get a queue ticket once inside the small hall for westerners... it gets attached to your forms. Smile and be VERY patient. Take 2 photocopies of ALL your documents before you get there, because the queues for photocopies can be very long.

Every time I have been, their appear to ask for something new, and always a photocopy is needed, so be prepared to discover that you need to return the next day.... but at least you will know the procedure so it will not be a shock.

The limited numbers are used up very quickly, so I stress - get there 1 hour (at the very least) before they formally open the office.
Good luck, and enjoy the much needed chilled beer afterwards.
Barekarma

Lovegrove

Feb 7, 2013
Karangasem
Thanks barekarma - wealth of knowledge - I struggle to wake up early from the indulgence the night before - but def take your words of advice - much appreciated :)) will let the forum know how we get on & thanks once again x