rudicantfail

Dec 3, 2014
Soon I'll be starting my first Sosial Budaya visa. I will be living in Amed and intend to extend the visa for the maximum period.

I don't intend to use a Visa Agent and will go to the immigration office in Singaraja for these extensions.

A few questions:

1. What is the fastest possible way to have the extension processed in Singaraja. I have read a few vague references to paying an extra fee to have it expedited - but how much faster exactly can it be done? All in one day? How much is the fee?

2. Can the 3rd and 4th extensions be made in Singaraja? I have read a few references to one aspect of them needing to be done in Denpasar.

3. Does my sponsor need to be registered in/near Singaraja? Or is anywhere in Bali OK?

Thanks!

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
When I did my social visa extensions in Lombok , It took 2 trips to immigration.The first on to apply for the extension and the second visit to pay (also prints and photos on 1st extension) and I would recieve my stamped passport back with 30 day extension .

Each of my 3 extensions were done in Lombok

Your sosbud extension has to be done in the sponsors KTP area.( maybe possible to do in other area if sponsor has a Kitem for it)

Do not think there is an expedited fee available . after the inititial paperwork the next date is 3 or 4 days after that

From what I have noticed each Immigration office has a slightly different procedure. Prior to doing it myself I used an agent but with a different sponsor in Renon

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Running back and forth to Singaraja gets old real fast so get an agent and enjoy life more. If you agree then I suggest you talk to Ibu Titin at the Singaraja Imi offices (she runs the place) and she will happily be your agent.... yes, that's correct, she will also be your agent! Tell her Petra says Hi!

rudicantfail

Dec 3, 2014
I have read that having an agent means not having your passport most of the time (months on end).
Is this true?

This isn't an option for me - I need to be able to leave Bali at a moments notice.

sherm

Nov 17, 2011
Where are you staying in Amed? Nice community for the most part.
When I used and agent he retained my passport. However being an agent he spent most days at immigrasi in Denpsar... All I would have to do if I needed to bug out was to tell him I need to leave. He'd have my passport same day if I wanted it.

rudicantfail

Dec 3, 2014
I'll be staying in Culik, so just next to Amed.

- If my first extension is 17th February for example, how soon after this could I expect to get my passport back from an agent?

Do they need to hold onto it for awhile? I assume they submit to it immigration quite a few days before the 17th?

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
depends on the agent . I got mine back same day they did others got next day or a few days after.

usually 5-8 days before it is due