spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I believe there have been some changes with the cost of social visa and possibly some requirements.

Can anyone give an update on the prices (agent and direct) and any other procedures (finger printing etc) that may have changed recently.

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
extensions direct are 355k for 1st extension this includes a photo and full fingerprints, extensions 2,3 and 4 are all 300k.

agent fees vary alot form 650k to 850k for extensions 1 and 2 and from 700k to 950k for 3rd and 4th extensions

No idea on cost of a sponsor letter or cost of new sosbud in SG or Malaysia

I was lucky to not ever have been fingerprinted on all my sosbud in the past ( always used an agent )

I recently did my 1st extension ( in Lombok since fiance ktp from there) 1st visit was fill out the paperwork and submit
recieved a reciept with a hand written date to return and get photo nd prints taken. returned as specified( was 3 days later) and paid the 300k plus the 55k for prints and photos. then processed the photo and prints(all electronic no ink used) waited about 5 minutes and the officer handed me back my passport and said see you in a few weeks .

took no more the 1 hour total on both visits

samsiam

Feb 2, 2014
Just did it today.....same for costs as mentioned above.....fingerprints n foto painless enough.....but they saying is very possible have to do this every month now.

Sponsor letters have varied from 100k to 600k.......current agent has been somewhat disappointing, so i will be changing next run without doubt.

new agent i found has quoted 100k and 600k for ext.

they did ask a few questions during the foto session...like why you want to stay, how long you stay, where you stay etc.....

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Just did it today.....same for costs as mentioned above.....fingerprints n foto painless enough.....but they saying is very possible have to do this every month now.
Sponsor letters have varied from 100k to 600k.......current agent has been somewhat disappointing, so i will be changing next run without doubt.
new agent i found has quoted 100k and 600k for ext.
they did ask a few questions during the foto session...like why you want to stay, how long you stay, where you stay etc.....

Samsiam...or is it Sambali now...it's just a thought as I have never investigated myself...but it might be worth asking the agent the possibility and cost of obtaining a Kitas. Agents have ways and means.
If you don't need to exit RI you wouldn't need a MERP which will reduce the cost.

I recall you have 4 in family so a Sosbud will get tiring if done yourself and expensive if employing an agent.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Or you could just marry a Balinese/Indo girl.

Have not heard that second wives do not confer Indo Kitas too?

Tell Thai first wife how much money will be saved for next shopping trip and I'm sure all will go smoothly.

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
some kitas you must leave RI after 60 days even though it is a 1 year kitas( many fifo workers use this type)

davita

Mar 13, 2012
some kitas you must leave RI after 60 days even though it is a 1 year kitas( many fifo workers use this type)

Smoke...are you sure the above is a Kitas?
For a couple of years we had a multi-entry Sosbud, which is similar to what you describe. It was issued for a year but we had to exit before 60 days and re-enter. Once we flew from Jakarta to KL early, bought a couple litres of duty free vodka, and returned in the afternoon.:eagerness: There was no requirement other than exit and re-enter.

This is different to the single-entry Sosbud which is extendable for up to 6 months but, once leaving RI at anytime, it expires, and needs to be renewed to re-enter.

Most FIFA's I've met just use VOA + extension to be with their family in Indonesia....as less hassle.

My recommendation to Samsiam was to see if an Agent could get him a 1 year Kitas visa...he is then eligible to sponsor his wife and kids for a similar 1 year Kitas. If he needs to exit RI for holidays or otherwise he would also need a Multi-exit re-entry Permit (MERP), which is more expense.

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
Yes i positive many use a kitas visa no lines since they bypass the voa lines.

I have had a feq multi entry sosbud's. They were made aware to me in Penang where they contacted Jakarta and then processed it ( mine was only good for 6 months )

New regulation also mandates the MERP for any new or reprocessed Kitas.and yes this includes retirement visa.

Just have to go read up on the FIFO groups page for exact type of kitas many get.

Usually they have kitas and family on sosbuds from what i see there.maybe they like to give family day at immigration a few times a month.

Possible a few Fifo families can chime in with their visa setups.

Next month is my last sosbud extension before I process it into a KITAS.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Yes i positive many use a kitas visa no lines since they bypass the voa lines.
Just have to go read up on the FIFO groups page for exact type of kitas many get.
Usually they have kitas and family on sosbuds from what i see there.maybe they like to give family day at immigration a few times a month.

1. Possible a few Fifo families can chime in with their visa setups.

I've amended Smoke's 'quote' to focus on FIFO issue.

I searched for a FIFO group in Balipod but couldn't find one...then used search and found many ref's to FIFO (5 google pages) but couldn't find one reference to a FIFO Kitas. Can you please indicate the reference you are quoting?

The only FIFO person I have heard of with a Kitas was sponsored by his WNI spouse, which was co-incidental to his FIFO status.

1. Agreed...I'd also be interested to hear from FIFO families of their status....it might help others to achieve their goals.

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
davita go to facebook and search there there a 3 FIFO groups I know off.
there is NO FIFO Kitas and I never said there was. but many use a Kitas ( whatever kind it is ) to live in Bali and to "commute" to work whether it work or 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off or 4 on and 2 off.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I'm not a member of facebook nor wish to be so cannot access that facility. Could you please copy/paste any reference to how FIFO workers can get a Kitas?

My knowledge of who can apply for a Kitas is restricted to this copy/paste below from the Indonesian Expat Forum. My thinking was how to find a way around those restrictions. I thought maybe a creative agent would know but you have said that FIFO workers have managed.....so that is interesting and others might benefit from your information.

"KITAS = Kartu Izin Tinggal Terbatas (Temporary Stay Permit Card). This is the yellow card that Imigrasi will give you after the ITAS has been granted.

KITAS can be issued for a variety of reasons:
for foreign investors (PMA owner)
for foreign experts - most of the expats have this kind of KITAS. They theoretically have skills that Indonesians don't have. Thus they are called tenaga ahli/expert.
for foreign researchers who come for research, usually with an agreement of an Indonesian university
for dependant foreign spouse/kids, sponsored by a foreigner, holder of a KITAS himself/herself or being an Indonesian citizen
for religious clerics (foreign priests/imam, etc.)
for retired foreign citizens
for former Indonesian citizens, returning to Indonesia in the framework of repatriation to get back their citizenship
"

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I suspect FIFO workers are on a multiple entry business visa. All agents can get this. People often use "KITAS" incorrectly that I have noticed.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I suspect FIFO workers are on a multiple entry business visa. All agents can get this. People often use "KITAS" incorrectly that I have noticed.

That makes sense and agrees with my post #7. Multi-entry Business visas and multi-entry Sosbud visas are similar in their application and restrictions on use.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
could very well be but they refer to them as Kitas

A Kitas is a card, now produced for electronic identification, called an e-Kitas. It has a pic, number, name, date of birth, nationality, sex, date of expiry, signature
If you don't have that you don't have a Kitas...it's that simple. Anyone can call what they have what they like....but that isn't how Immigration see it and, consequently, their stay in RI will only be according to their actual visa status.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
New regulation also mandates the MERP for any new or reprocessed Kitas.and yes this includes retirement visa./QUOTE]

I haven't heard of that Smoke...do you have any reference to this new regulation.
My Kitas expires next month and I'm unsure of any new regulations except price increases.
Not that it matters to me as I need a MERP anyway. Got to get out and about and savor the culture of Asia. I wouldn't want people to think I bring my western habits past Immigration:icon_eek:....so going to Bangkok after Xmas to stay with some Thai friends.

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
That makes sense and agrees with my post #7. Multi-entry Business visas and multi-entry Sosbud visas are similar in their application and restrictions on use.

Just recieved a pm from a fifo workers wife saying her husband is on a KITAS and her and the kids( 3) are also . There is a work around .They have been here almost 6 years but only the last 4 have they used the Kitas work around

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
New regulation also mandates the MERP for any new or reprocessed Kitas.and yes this includes retirement visa./QUOTE]

I haven't heard of that Smoke...do you have any reference to this new regulation.
My Kitas expires next month and I'm unsure of any new regulations except price increases.
Not that it matters to me as I need a MERP anyway. Got to get out and about and savor the culture of Asia. I wouldn't want people to think I bring my western habits past Immigration:icon_eek:....so going to Bangkok after Xmas to stay with some Thai friends.

Your agent will tell you, along with new retirement price or you cn look it up and copy and paste it as thats all you seem to do anyway

Bangkok is nice was there for 8 days in february

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Just recieved a pm from a fifo workers wife saying her husband is on a KITAS and her and the kids( 3) are also . There is a work around .They have been here almost 6 years but only the last 4 have they used the Kitas work around

It would be nice to know what kind of KITAS they have as I sometimes get asked this question.

Maybe they find a company to sponsor a working visa, which they don't actually work at. I think anything is possible with agents here, who seem to get away with more than other parts of RI. Someone mentioned on FB how their "DJ" KITAS was about to expire, and before anyone asks he said the price was 10 million for 6 months.

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
It would be nice to know what kind of KITAS they have as I sometimes get asked this question.

Maybe they find a company to sponsor a working visa, which they don't actually work at. I think anything is possible with agents here, who seem to get away with more than other parts of RI. Someone mentioned on FB how their "DJ" KITAS was about to expire, and before anyone asks he said the price was 10 million for 6 months.

will pm you the way for Kitas.It really not for forum posting

DJ Kitas sponsors get between 2-3 million for the sponsor letter from thier PT . most can have have 2 sponsors at a time this way