Bali Villa Sales

Villas of Bali ™ is the trusted real estate company that offers the most beautiful villas for sale on Bali. Visit our experienced and helpful staff in our office in Seminyak, or search the extensive villa listing online at www.balivillasales.com, providing the most exclusive properties for sale. Villas of Bali ™ stands for quality, integrity and trust. We help you save time and money, while providing you peace of mind of your property related needs. Send us an email to info@villasofbali.com, or call us at +62 878 6249 3526.

1. Welcome Guest to the new look Balipod. If you are an existing member, just sign up with your usual username/password. Any problems you can post them here
    Dismiss Notice

Social Activities ?

Discussion in 'Bali Expat Forum' started by homeinbali, Mar 16, 2016.

1. homeinbali

homeinbali Member

As we are thinking of coming to Bali for 6-8 years we were wondering about the social life.....life after you come down from the excitement of actually realizing the dream.

Is there is a club or bunch of people that do regular scooter/bike runs around Bali or Island Hopping as we've read?

Is there a Willy's Jeep Club? Restoration/runs.

Husband is a trials rider so into motorbikes....scooter will do even though he is most used to his Triumph, and has a great interest in WW2 Military, has his own 1944 Willy's Jeep here which he uses on ANZAC day to carry the veterans through Perth.

Probably going to have to sell his 2 most prized possessions as can't bring to Bali but maybe something that can take the place will be good.

2. davita

davita Well-Known Member

Bali is a mecca for restored cars, jeeps, scooters and even motorcycle and sidecars. The Balinese are very artistic and can decorate/restore almost anything in a unique way.
    I know that Harley-Davidson Indonesian chapter had a rally around Bali not long ago but there was so much fuss caused by holding up traffic, including an ambulance, they may not be returning....and Harley have closed down Indonesian dealerships due to tax-levels on imports.

I know there are many cycling rallies as my neighbor from Jakarta arrives a couple of times a year with speciality bicycles strapped in his truck.
    Jeeps for off-road are readily available to rent.

There are many outlets for expat socializing...check out Rotary Clubs, Internations and many OZ fraternities etc.....also, many charitable foundations that need volunteers.

I wont mention the expat Brit soccer and OZ rules rugby pubs...you'll find them yourselves....they're everywhere.

#2 davita, Mar 16, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  3. Markit

Markit Well-Known Member

I'm actually on half joking above you really need to come and live here first before hubby flogs the jeep!

4. JohnnyCool

JohnnyCool Well-Known Member

One way to meet a broad range of both expats and locals would be to go to a Hash House Harriers meeting.
    There are weekly "runs" in various parts of Bali (and you don't have to run if you don't want to).

Depots in Sanur were The Cat and Fiddle and The Wicked Parrot, or Naughty Nuri's Warung in Ubud, but there are others. Check out their website for details.

I once rented a 1944 Willy's Jeep the first time I came to Bali (1973). It was left-hand drive, had four bald tyres and sloppy steering.
    In those days, the roads were much narrower than today and there were quite a few old American yank-tanks around.
    Got stuck trying to drive up to Penelokan from Lake Batur. Three passengers had to get out before the Willy's made it to the top.
    A VW Safari was much more practical then.

5. Webbysone

Webbysone New Member

hi, i realse this post is getting a bit old but i'm in the exact same position you were in and was wondering, now you have the experience you were looking for how would you answer the same question????? hoping for the reply you were, cheers