odez999

Jul 4, 2011
SKTT=surat keterangan tempat tinggal...a residency card...like a KTP for foreigners on KITAS

Yea and it is valid for 3 month (or something like that was now on mine !!) . Looks like KITAS card (same format), piece of green paper size of ID.
It is needed for this and that ... (in my case they asked it to renew KITAS)

I could not make KITAP (permanent 5 years stay permit) because my spouse need to have adress in KTP same as the office where we apply for KITAP .. and that was not the case ! For 1y KITAS do not need match adresses !! ... So I am now on my 3rd KITAS (3y in a row)

2 more years (5 in total) and I might be able to apply for Indo ciztizenship .. I guess !? ... If they do not change something in meantime ...

Aug 31, 2014
Aberdeen/Singapore
2 more years (5 in total) and I might be able to apply for Indo ciztizenship .. I guess !? ... If they do not change something in meantime ...

Precisely, and on Batam, Bintan and Karimun, three completely different sets of 'rules'.
Talking to an expat on the ferry the other day who followed some muppet's 'advice' on another forum. Go into the office of the men in tight cream shirts and demand your rights as written down in the big book of words, refuse to take no for an answer because you are in the right. The 'advisor' even gave a scan of the 'words' that should be quoted, sections, subsections etc.
So this bloke was on his way back from JB where he had been for two weeks getting a new passport as his old one had big red stamp in it saying 'past sell by date' or something similar.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Talking to an expat on the ferry the other day who followed some muppet's 'advice' on another forum. Go into the office of the men in tight cream shirts and demand your rights as written down in the big book of words, refuse to take no for an answer because you are in the right.

I meet on a weekly, sometimes daily, basis people that have lived AND DONE BUSINESS here for years that have absolutely no idea what they are doing or what the law is in terms of their existence. These are generally reasonable and intelligent people that seem to have heard a story and built an existence or system of beliefs around a frictional "law" that they have neither seen in a legal book nor would even hope to understand out of context unless it was translated and slowly explained to them.

I've had damned near fisticuffs with them and been called a fecking, yank know-it-all (largely true) until they run into the inevitable legal difficulties and need a good lawyer.

How can you build a life in a foreign country without doing the most basic due diligence? If hanging around in bars made you smarter I'd be fecking Einstein's teacher.

Aug 31, 2014
Aberdeen/Singapore
Markit does it again (nahh not a pron movie).
Markymark hits the nail on the head and makes a valid and insightful statement that makes me think, yah, split personality, just wondering how many personnas though?
There used to be a gob****e on another forum who had an 'opinion' and legal answer to everything, no matter how many times the person in question was proved wrong, they would continue dishing out ludicrous 'advice' in cod legal terms, often quoting actual documents.
Gawd know how many people ended up in deep poo poo taking advice from so-called 'experts'.
Simple answer, when you think you know 'all the answers' in Indonesia, they just change the questions.

- - - Updated - - -

Aug 31, 2014
Aberdeen/Singapore
Sorry, cranky as hell this morning, stuck all day in Singapore yesterday, traffic nightmares due to F1, greedy bastard taxi drivers and even the food courts trebled their prices, queues at ferries, then old fart pensioners swearing at TV because their footy team lost, have naice day!

Nydave

Jun 4, 2015
That's a huge problem with Singapore,they really rip off everyone when its F1 weekend,several yrs ago just before they got the F1 I had stayed in a hotel there,and was thinking of attending the F1 on its first year,called the place I had stayed in and they quoted me 4 1/2 times what I had paid previously,check out what they charge for a 1 day ticket to the actual race,it will blow your mind,

davita

Mar 13, 2012
dammit trying to decipher gob****e

Rhymes with clit...how ironical that gets past the censor but the original doesn't....:icon_e_biggrin:

BTW the 'e' at the end, when deciphered, is to add a Scottish flavour to what is otherwise gross.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
gob s-h-i-t-e = Scots name for anyone that knows more than you do and can express themselves reasonably in words of more than 2 syllables in understandable English, as opposed to some Hebredian dialect of Dunfukinwitcha.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Nope, still don't get it - the tropics must have addled one or both of our brains. Good that the naughty bits still work(ish).

SamD

Sep 7, 2006
Seminyak
Nope, still don't get it - the tropics must have addled one or both of our brains. Good that the naughty bits still work(ish).

Furry Boots - a corruption of 'Whereabouts'
are ye fae? - are you from?

Not Aberdeen, obviously.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Thanks for all the attempts to shed some light but I'll stick with normal English as I have trouble enough understanding when people actually want to be understood, as opposed to the Scots that seem to value non-comprehension as apparently it is a Scottish mark of achievement, go figure.

If that was true Albania would be a land to respect.