Skin Cancer Treatment options

Tezza71

Oct 31, 2018
Morning guys, I've just searched the site for posts regarding getting skin lesions treated but the posts are all a couple of years old. I would like to find a klinic where I could get some skin lesions treated with being frozen with liquid nitrogen. I'm sure there are those among the members who have had this treatment whilst in Bali. Can someone point me in the right direction with some good information.

harryopal

May 5, 2016
Tezza, I am not trying to turn you away from a clinic. However, as an Australian forever in the sun I picked up a useful bit of information many years ago from a fellow who used to spray sunbathers with mutton bird oil on Sydney beaches. When he was retiring he said that with sunspots to keep dabbing them with vinegar or tea and the spots dry up and disappear. For me that worked very effectively. Takes a bit of time so not an overnight cure and one needs to keep remembering to do it until the spot dries. I did develop one classic carcinoma type spot on the forehead. I purchased a very expensive tube of cream called Curaderm which kept it under control to the point of seemingly disappearing. As only a tiny amount was needed to cover the lesion the tube lasted for some years. Now with the cream finished and still having the spot I have found that using a small amount of ripe papaya pretty keeps it dormant.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10786448/ Information about papaya's healing properties.

I have no idea as to the nature of your lesion or if any of this is suitable. Good luck with finding a clinic. Bear in mind that a lot of dermatology involves costly creams which seem to take no account of cause. I have known people to spend a lot money with little if no benefit.

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Morning guys, I've just searched the site for posts regarding getting skin lesions treated but the posts are all a couple of years old. I would like to find a klinic where I could get some skin lesions treated with being frozen with liquid nitrogen. I'm sure there are those among the members who have had this treatment whilst in Bali. Can someone point me in the right direction with some good information.
Having learned by experience what only to avoid, wish I could be more helpful at this time in Bali. If you must turn to a physician make certain it isn’t what claims to be a dermatologist and is really only a person focusing on the beauty trade. These people aren’t up to modern nation standards and poorly qualified to be equated as such, however they may have a can of dry ice available. Just make sure you don’t buy their home made pills and creams which have no labels nor marketed anywhere else.

JackStraw

Mar 14, 2017
Are you sure you're referring to skin cancer? Skin cancer in my mind refers to moles with melanoma. In that case, anything that looks suspicious need to be cut off and sent to a lab for examination to make sure they are not cancerous.

I have a good dermatologist in Bali I can recommend you if that's what you are looking for. I go for checkups every 6 months since I am a pale individual who burns easily and has lots of moles. I've gotten several removed and analyzed, all coming back negative thankfully.

Anyways, I think what you're after is something different. Sunspots are not really skin cancer and if you are just looking to get rid of them for cosmetic reasons, then what the other people said in this thread can help you out with that.

Tezza71

Oct 31, 2018
Are you sure you're referring to skin cancer? Skin cancer in my mind refers to moles with melanoma. In that case, anything that looks suspicious need to be cut off and sent to a lab for examination to make sure they are not cancerous.

I have a good dermatologist in Bali I can recommend you if that's what you are looking for. I go for checkups every 6 months since I am a pale individual who burns easily and has lots of moles. I've gotten several removed and analyzed, all coming back negative thankfully.

Anyways, I think what you're after is something different. Sunspots are not really skin cancer and if you are just looking to get rid of them for cosmetic reasons, then what the other people said in this thread can help you out with that.
Thanks for the reply JackStraw. I would be very much like to get the contact details for the Dermatologist you speak of please.
Like your self I too have a pale skin and burn easily. I have a couple of spots that I would like to have examined and removed if required.
Thanks for your help.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Google Dr. Martha Fang she's a dermatologist in Cangu. Well recommended and I'm being treated for the same thing as we speak - she does the liquid nitrogen too. Her number +62 822-9997-7889
Be advised her initial consultation gets a really fecking expensive creme that does shite as far as I could tell after that she calms down a bit.

Reactions: Juggler

Tezza71

Oct 31, 2018
Google Dr. Martha Fang she's a dermatologist in Cangu. Well recommended and I'm being treated for the same thing as we speak - she does the liquid nitrogen too. Her number +62 822-9997-7889
Be advised her initial consultation gets a really fecking expensive creme that does shite as far as I could tell after that she calms down a bit.
Thanks for the info Markit. When you say expensive how much are talking about.

Juggler

Jun 20, 2018
i did some searching here a few days ago for this same problem and found everything out of date here. Found a person called Prof Swastika but cant contact them as per the ppkm they are shut shop.
I have a nasty thing on my ear...(not my head) about the size of a match head that was super sore a few days ago but has since gone down and calmed so keen to get it burnt off.
will give the Fang a call cheers..

Reactions: Markit

JackStraw

Mar 14, 2017
Thanks for the reply JackStraw. I would be very much like to get the contact details for the Dermatologist you speak of please.
Like your self I too have a pale skin and burn easily. I have a couple of spots that I would like to have examined and removed if required.
Thanks for your help.

I go to Dr. Vina at Siloam Hospital on Sunset. Your can book an appointment with her on the website or via her personal number here:

+62 853 3991 3555

She can do laser removal if you want something cosmetic done but keep in mind, if you remove something via laser or nitrogen or whatever, you cannot analyze it in a lab. The only way to do that is with a biopsy.

To check your moles, she has this tool to zoom and check for any irregularities. Any problematic moles are then marked and stored with her and you can revisit them every few months to see if the moels are changing shape (usually a bad sign).

Hope that helps

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Thanks for the info Markit. When you say expensive how much are talking about.

For general info there's also a thing called basal cell carcinoma which is what most sun worshipers get (luckily) and can easily be frozen off.

Doc Martha sold be 2 creams for about 1.5 million which were provisionally to "prepare" the skin for treatment. I reckon it just prepared my wallet for the coming attack. In all fairness she's only charged me 200k per treatment for the freezing.

Tell her I sent you if you go - NOT to get me any special treatment but to show the locals that we also have a network for recommendations too that they should take account of when providing services.

Tezza71

Oct 31, 2018
Morning Guys, Markit thanks for the good info mate. I've only arrived a short time ago. Took me a while to get my affairs in Oz sorted out before I could make the move. You guys have been great in supplying me with info for the last 18 months or so and the latest is just what I was after. Maybe when this damn virus subsides a bit we could have a meet up for a beer. JackStraw, same goes for you mate. Thanks for the heads up. It's good to know there are guys like you who are old Bali hands with all the knowledge. Incidentally, I asked about the best place to get sausages on the Island a while back. Well since arriving I've found a couple of places that have a decent sausage for sale. One is Grand Lucky which I'm sure you will be aware of, the other is Aussie Brazilian BBQ in Kerobokan. Not the cheapest place but the meat selection looks good and the sausages are very tasty.

Reactions: JackStraw