Singaraja and Singaraja Immigration office.

harryopal

May 5, 2016
I am waiting approval from Jakarta for my Vitas. I think about our 7th week. Meantime we are staying at Jimbaran where it is handy to the Ngurah Rai By pass Immigration office.

My wife has done all the paper work as sponsor and I tag along as chauffer and present a face for the process. On Saturday we are looking at a house in Singaraja. The area appeals to me because of the much quieter traffic and getting a better rental house than the same amount would get in the south.

My wife is not at all keen to move from Jimbaran and would rather we rent here for a year to compete the Kitas to Kitap process as she is now familiar with the area and feels it would be too difficult trying to do this from Singaraja. On the other hand I am not keen to rent a place here for a year and then move again. I would rather find a house in which we can settle.

Does anyone know if the Immigration office in Singaraja can process visas and the move from Kitas to Kipas and how efficient that office is?

My impression that once Kitas is completed the next phase is simpler. So far we have made about 8 trips to the Jimbaran office with a couple more pending when we finally hear back from Jakarta. And as an act of appeasement I wonder if we should use an agent to complete that last stage. Any ideas as to what kind of fee that would involve?

Thanks in anticipation of useful information.

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
As far as im aware singaraga is a class 2 office , I have no direct experience over there , but I can imagine you will not get the same professional attention as you might expect at the klas 1 office at jimbaran .

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I got my KITAP in Singaraja and didn't have any problem. I am on my 4th year now, so will renew next year.

You do have to submit some documents in Denpasar at Hukum & Ham, so you do have to travel a bit and some documents need to be sent to Jakarta. That can be done by a relative/friend if you don't want to travel there.

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
I had to go to Singaraja twice a month from 2005 til around 2009 - the trip from negara and back was by far the best of it. The officials knew that I was hoping to get it done in a day (sosial budaya extension) and - according to my knowledge - they made it extra slow because they knew that I needed it badly. So they got extra cigarette money on top - every month. After 2009 I realized that an agent would cost about the same and I wouldn't have to wait in the office for these guys to do what they do...whatever that was! I had years to watch their actions in super slow motions.....I felt to witness a movie scene of "Awakenings" (1990) - never ever saw people again who moved so slowly!! The bbq chicken in the warung was excellent though :::

Last edited:

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Yes there is an Immigration Office in the north, and yes property prices are a bit lower in the north so a given budget can get something bigger. But basically you and your wife are not agreeing on where to live and are inviting us to be marriage counselors. I pass on that. :)

harryopal

May 5, 2016
Thank you Ron B but no, I didn't have that in mind for marriage counselling. I guess I was just thinking aloud given the multiplicity of ongoing concerns with visa processing, residential permits, the exchange rates, will Donald Trump take us (Australia ) to war with him in North Korea and coping with the traffic. I think my wife and I will ultimately work things out. Meanwhile, off again to Singaraja on the weekend to look at a place.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Went to the Singaraja immigration office today for the first time in 4 years. The AC was cranked up so nice and cool. The photo area has changed a bit and is bigger with just glass separating it from the waiting area. I forgot that we had to go to immigration so I was just in shorts and flip-flops. The head of the office heard my wife was from the same town as his mother, so we got invited into his office for a chat. So, felt even worse about being under dressed. Anyway he is leaving in month't time to Jakarta, but my wife got this number which might come in handy at some point. Had to get pics done for our kid's passports and the staff were very friendly and great with our kids.

hadodi

Nov 8, 2013
NE Bali
Since it is possible I made all my Visa staff, KITAS and KITAP at the Singaraja Office. They were polite and efficient and I never paid one single Rupiah. I was so surprised that I even publishe my experience in THE JAKARTA POST.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Since it is possible I made all my Visa staff, KITAS and KITAP at the Singaraja Office. They were polite and efficient and I never paid one single Rupiah. I was so surprised that I even publishe my experience in THE JAKARTA POST.

If it was a few years ago, I do remember reading that!