Simpang Siur underpass opens

Rangi

May 23, 2011
Legian
Today marked a milestone in Bali’s economic and logistical future with one lane of the new Simpang Siur underpass being opened to traffic.

The south bound lane was opened at approximately 10.30 this morning and the traffic build up around the traffic lights of Simpang Siur, heading south, disappeared instantly. However, we aren’t 100% sure if this temporary or permanent and there still is a long way to go in the finishing of the project.

Local scribe, David Trauts was on the scene and said, “It was a fun moment. The police, who were directing traffic, were patting the workers on the back, congratulating them on their work, and everyone had smiles from ear to ear. It may be too early to say but it appears there is only one lane going in each direction, which may be something to regret in the future,” said Trauts to the TBD. “But for now, we have to be thankful for this forward step in the history of the Bali macet (
traffic jam).”

IMG-20130508-00598.jpg

Simpang Siur underpass opens | Latest News From Bali | The Beat Daily

1292223254212-dumpfm-mario-Obamaclap.gif

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
One lane my ass!

Wait until rush time you'll see 3 lanes of traffic going each way with motorbikes weaving in between the bakso wagons.

Rangi

May 23, 2011
Legian
Drove through it today on my way to Jimbaran, there is temporary barriers up at the moment but once those are down i can definitely see it turning into 2 squeezed lanes of chaos with all the motorbikes weaving through.

balibule

Feb 6, 2009
There you go, a great improvement to traffic and the only thing you're looking at is how fast it will go wrong.

Feb 15, 2013
Jakarta
There you go, a great improvement to traffic and the only thing you're looking at is how fast it will go wrong.

tenang balibule, maybe it's just the story of their life, having to deal with murphy's law may have soured their enthusiasm for the good life. :topsy_turvy::topsy_turvy:

PS. (but I have a sneaking suspicion that time will prove them correct)

Last edited: