geedee

Feb 1, 2014
Sydney
Thinking of spending a couple of days in Sidemen on my upcoming visit.
Will visit Kintamani and Lake Batur on a day trip while staying there
Any comments please on Sidemen.

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
from the 1 time I had a look , its a bit like the road up from ubud , but not as good ,

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Sidemen is starting to become a tourist destination and the landscapes are lovely, if very agrarian. Not too sure how interesting they will be over several days and there isn't much else to do there - that I know of...?

It is well situated for a trip to Besakih (mother temple) and Goa Lawah (bat temple) but then so is Candi Dasa and with lots more to do in the evenings and snorkeling or diving during the days.

geedee

Feb 1, 2014
Sydney
Sidemen is starting to become a tourist destination and the landscapes are lovely, if very agrarian. Not too sure how interesting they will be over several days and there isn't much else to do there - that I know of...?

It is well situated for a trip to Besakih (mother temple) and Goa Lawah (bat temple) but then so is Candi Dasa and with lots more to do in the evenings and snorkeling or diving during the days.

Thanks for your input.
Its only for 2 nights and will definitely stay maybe 3days in Candi Dasa thinking of Ashyana as its apparently the best location and LeZat restaurant is meant to good.
How long Sidemen - Lake Batur?

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Thanks for your input.
Its only for 2 nights and will definitely stay maybe 3days in Candi Dasa thinking of Ashyana as its apparently the best location and LeZat restaurant is meant to good.

Know the MD (Wayan Kariasa) and his wife (Ketut) very well and I can highly recommend you to their care - mention my name and probably get some money off.

Sidemen to Lake Batur is a long walk but if you insist it will probably take about 3 days cause it's all uphill aint it? Course you could take a bike - but you're not Dutch are you?

It all depends upon the traffic - 2 hours or 6 who knows, but that's the pleasure of being on holiday isn't it? Or were you planning on conquering?

geedee

Feb 1, 2014
Sydney
Know the MD (Wayan Kariasa) and his wife (Ketut) very well and I can highly recommend you to their care - mention my name and probably get some money off.

Sidemen to Lake Batur is a long walk but if you insist it will probably take about 3 days cause it's all uphill aint it? Course you could take a bike - but you're not Dutch are you?

It all depends upon the traffic - 2 hours or 6 who knows, but that's the pleasure of being on holiday isn't it? Or were you planning on conquering?

Bet if I mentioned your wife would get more money off.

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Thanks for your input.

Use Google Maps for time estimates then allow 50% more. It says 1 hour 40 min.

Indiedog

Nov 1, 2015
What is attractive about Sidemen? - apologies for the ignorance but always looking for another interesting destination.

geedee

Feb 1, 2014
Sydney
What is attractive about Sidemen? - apologies for the ignorance but always looking for another interesting destination.

To me a bit like you i want to try something different and dont know much about it.
Was hoping for some more comments but it seems most of the guys here dont get about Bali much in a tourist sense .
A bit like me never going to the harbour or Bondi.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Ok you want tourist guide?

Sidemen starts up the mountain in Selat (where there is a great new 11 roof temple abuilding and one of the nicest hidden mountain waterfalls I've seen but don't know if it still runs in the dry season)

Further up the mountain is Besakih the mother temple and well worth a visit if you can beat off the touts and guides.

Down the mountain through the Sidemen valley is very agrarian with lots of wonderful landscapes.

At the bottom turn right for Gianyar and all the fun and beauty of Semalapura - great temples/goodish shopping and the Justice house from 1800 - further to Ubud

Turn left you get to Goa Lawah (bat temple), then sea salt factories - toward Candi Dasa - you already know the delights of Candi so keep on going towards Amed/Tulamben on the Northeast coast of the island.

Keep on going after diving/snorkeling in the above till Lovina and watch dolphins (don't listen to silly people worrying about dolphins in the wild being maltreated) see Buddhist temple/hot springs/more great waterfalls/stay in mountains and have cooler fun.

Send money to my bank account for quick virtual tour.

geedee

Feb 1, 2014
Sydney
Ok you want tourist guide?

Sidemen starts up the mountain in Selat (where there is a great new 11 roof temple abuilding and one of the nicest hidden mountain waterfalls I've seen but don't know if it still runs in the dry season)

Further up the mountain is Besakih the mother temple and well worth a visit if you can beat off the touts and guides.

Down the mountain through the Sidemen valley is very agrarian with lots of wonderful landscapes.

At the bottom turn right for Gianyar and all the fun and beauty of Semalapura - great temples/goodish shopping and the Justice house from 1800 - further to Ubud

Turn left you get to Goa Lawah (bat temple), then sea salt factories - toward Candi Dasa - you already know the delights of Candi so keep on going towards Amed/Tulamben on the Northeast coast of the island.

Keep on going after diving/snorkeling in the above till Lovina and watch dolphins (don't listen to silly people worrying about dolphins in the wild being maltreated) see Buddhist temple/hot springs/more great waterfalls/stay in mountains and have cooler fun.

Send money to my bank account for quick virtual tour.

That's what i was after thanks.
Send me your Bank details with passwords etc and I will see what I can do

modelt1826

Apr 25, 2010
Wilverhampton UK
I did a hash run up there a couple of years ago well probably hash walk and its there again this weekend what I can remember was lovely scenery but not much else especialy after the beer keg. If I note anything else this weekend I will let you know

modelt1826

Apr 25, 2010
Wilverhampton UK
I was up in Sidemen last week and it is a very beautiful area and would match any other areas in Bali I was told there is a resort the other side of the river from the village which you could see from where we set the run which was from the football field.