buaya

Feb 19, 2010
i've been searching and digging through the archives on here but i haven't really found the info i'm looking for yet, so i'm really hoping someone can help me answer a few questions.

i'm considering a move back to the us, and i've got some stuff i really cant leave behind. a fair bit actually, less than a moving van full but certainly more than i can bring as baggage on a plane. what are the better/cheaper shipping companies in bali? i've used crown international to get stuff here, they were fine but i've heard there are cheaper companies around that are just as reliable. also i've heard air shipping mentioned on some of the posts here, how do you go about doing that? any names i can google? i've been googling and searching around for hours now but i'm hoping someone can give me a reliable name or two from first hand experience :)

BKT

Apr 2, 2010
Auckland/Singaraja
I would consider Sea Freight. An export company would probably do just as good a job as a moving company and they'd probably be a lot cheaper as well.

buaya

Feb 19, 2010
I would consider Sea Freight. An export company would probably do just as good a job as a moving company and they'd probably be a lot cheaper as well.

thanks for the feedback BKT!

hmmm. so is that service door to door, or would i have to show up at some random port in the us to pick up my stuff? also, any recommendations for a sea freight company? or is Sea Freight the name of a local company? googling "sea freight bali" gets a lot of different results, and i have to admit i don't know nusatrans from permatacargo from limajaricargo from any of the others...

i tried searching sea freight on the forum too, lots of results but most are either a) about shipping TOO bali or b) australian companies (jetta etc)

also, fwiw my stuff is mostly of a delicate, expensive, electronic nature - is sea cargo a safe way to ship high end electronic gear?

sorry, i know a of of people on here ship stuff, from export furniture to their dogs, but personally other than shipping in my personal effects here via crown shipping i have no experience at all about all the options available in bali...

BKT

Apr 2, 2010
Auckland/Singaraja
Most shipping companies export furniture, ceramic pots, I would imagine they would be a lot more fragile than electronics. It would pay to go and talk to a shipping company. I use Bayus cargo in Kerobokan, their rates a fairly ok and they do a good job. Also it might pay to contact someone on the other end, as its being imported into the US they might have duty/taxes on the thing you're bringing in

PT. BAYUS CARGO
INTERNATIONAL FREIGHT FORWARDING
Jl. Raya Kerobokan Kelod Br.Taman 55, Kuta Utara 80361 Bali - Indonesia.
Phone : +62 361 735363
Fax : +62 361 735364
Email : info@bayusbalicargo.com / ptbayus@dps.centrin.net.id
Website : Bali Cargo, Bayus Bali Cargo : Freight Forwarder Service, Packing and Shipping, Buying Agent

buaya

Feb 19, 2010
great, thanks a lot guys, that's great information - i'll check both those places out, cheers!

i was also wondering how to rent a van, driving myself, for a few days at a time? i may need to drive some stuff over to a friend's house to leave it there for a few days while the international shipping process gets sorted out... i guess i could just ask someone who rents other, regular cars, kijangs and jeepneys and stuff, and see if they have a van for rent as well (say like one of those bemos or something?) but i never see them listed at an option at most places that rent cars.

does anyone know of a local company that actually does this?

begonia

Oct 10, 2007
I don´t know any company doing these things but I often see on the streets cars pick up for renting ( I am not sure if this is the name in english!!! that is how we call it in spain!!!), you could rent a pick up for one day with the driver, I am quite sure it is not that expensive!!!
Around the by pass usually there is as well trucks and pick ups for renting for hours or for one day, ask as well around your house on the local warungs or benkel or supermarkets, usually they know if somebody rent a pick up around the area.