Bali Villa Sales

Villas of Bali ™ is the trusted real estate company that offers the most beautiful villas for sale on Bali. Visit our experienced and helpful staff in our office in Seminyak, or search the extensive villa listing online at www.balivillasales.com, providing the most exclusive properties for sale. Villas of Bali ™ stands for quality, integrity and trust. We help you save time and money, while providing you peace of mind of your property related needs. Send us an email to info@villasofbali.com, or call us at +62 878 6249 3526.

1. Welcome Guest to the new look Balipod. If you are an existing member, just sign up with your usual username/password. Any problems you can post them here
    Dismiss Notice

Shipping container to Bali from Brisbane

Discussion in 'Bali Expat Forum' started by justgary, Jun 16, 2017.

1. justgary

justgary Member

Hello everyone.
    Has anyone lately had any experience in shipping over a whole container to Bali using one of the many shipping companies advertised. I have spoken to locals who say that if you use a local company there are no issues with receiving your container. I also have no idea of cost. We an on using a 40 ft which gives us approximately 60 cubic metres. Any info would be great.
    Regards Gary

2. ronb

ronb Active Member

I may be out of date but I don't think there is a a port receiving containers in Bali. They go to Surabaya, and there are many sad stories.

So now my perspective. One of the joys of coming to Bali was shedding all the posessions that are common in Australia. So, my suggestion, think again, leave your stuff and arrive unencumbered.

3. Markit

Markit Well-Known Member

To add to Ron's advice I've heard of many stories of people trying to get stuff into Bali and a few have even been ok, not good, just ok. If you are on a Retirement Kitas you will have to pay and pay and pay. If working Kitas you are allowed used personal possessions but it's all "iffy" depending on who you get and what the mood of the customs agent is.

As Ron says there is nothing you can't get here and most of the stuff from home you won't need here so just dump it or store it (cause most expats head home after a while).

4. davita

davita Well-Known Member

I concur with the last two posters. My wife and I believed we could bring personal possessions into Indonesia on our retirement Kitas. We shipped a few boxes of her precious dinner service given to her by her work-mates on our wedding (thirty years ago) and the Indonesian customs charged duty about as much as they cost new. We now eat from the most expensive plates money can buy.

5. justgary

justgary Member

Hello.
    The idea was to bring it through Java. As for leaving our belongings behind we have some items that I cannot replace but I do appreciate starting from new. That's the general idea.

6. justgary

justgary Member

We have been told by locals that if you use a reputable company all of these issues are negated but as described in this forum it's not always the case. Good ol Bali it keeps me constantly guessing.

7. justgary

justgary Member

I am hoping to have the appropriate friends who may be able to keep my container on track and without outrageous taxes. I know a few in the Port, whether it helps who knows. No one seems to have been successful in getting their property in without being slugged. A bit concerning.