remoteplanet

Sep 25, 2011
Ubud
christopherlaursen.com
One of our users, borborigmus, recalled a few unusual experiences here in Bali in his blog, Borborigmus in Bali, Borborigmus in Bali
Many thanks to him for sharing them with me!

My latest blog entry looks more into these two experiences:
Extraordinarium 2: Shadows from the Multiverse & the Kuntilanak Christopher Laursen

I would be very interested in hearing from any of you here about your extraordinary experiences here in Bali, in the archipelago, and beyond! It is all part of my research interests as a historian and writer.

all the best,
Chris

pollyanna

Feb 8, 2010
Ubud, Bali
Chris, that's a nice, clean webpage and I enjoyed your article about Vyt. You did a great job of avoiding sensationalism while keeping the article interesting to read.

remoteplanet

Sep 25, 2011
Ubud
christopherlaursen.com
Thanks so much, Pollyanna! There is a great deal of sensationalism out there - way too much of it actually - and as a scholar studying the topic of extraordinary experiences, how they move people emotionally, and how they bring about an intellectually stimulating debates, I think there are much more fruitful and insightful ways to discuss such things than to go the "sensory overload," spooky routes that are so typical out there. Aren't extraordinary experiences fascinating enough as they are? I really like Vyt's writing a lot so I was happy to feature it and his experiences. I have just added a Facebook group to expand the discussion, share experiences, the research into them, and resources available. It's wonderful to do something scholarly that works both within academic and in the everyday world. And Bali's a very interesting place to start my dissertation too (to say the least).

kemarayana

Feb 26, 2013
Make me remember my old highschool days , do you ever heard a local folktales about wong samar ?

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
Couple of mornings ago, I saw Jesus on my grilled cheese toast, no s**t!

PS. I still have the toast, and it's for sale at a cheap price.

Attachments

• bilde.jpg
    bilde.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 120