Setting up a PMA to rent out a villa

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
This is a post made by a business agent. I understand they are trying to drum up business, but it seems quite different from my understanding of how this works, or maybe I am wrong.

I also wonder which business category you would use to set up the PMA: https://www.indonesia-investments.c...tment-List-May-2016-Indonesia-Investments.pdf

The possible categories would be: Homestay or Hotel, which you can have up to 67% foreign capital. A hotel as I understand now requires a minimum number of are, which would disclose most villas in the south of Bali. Pondok Wisata is not even on this list. I think it was previously.

There seems to be a lot of misconceptions when it comes to leasing a villa in Bali and sub letting it and taking income.If your looking to do this legally the the building must have a “Pondok Wisata” This is a licence that lets you rent out a property or home stay. This licence covers up to 3 bedrooms (for older licences) or up to 5 bedrooms (for newer licenses. Also as this is a business you need to set up a PMA, open a Indonesian bank account and pay taxes accordingly. In doing this the company can then sponsor you to have a kitas in Bali and Lombok. If you’re looking to do this we can set you up so it’s all done 100% legally.

Reactions: Gulali