Send money to Bali

dav733

Dec 29, 2016
Hi I want to send some money to a friend in Sanur,,but they do not have a bank account,,what's the best method to send it ,,I was going back in December but may not make it,,don't want this person to be out of pocket,,any informed ideas would be appreciated.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
If no bank account then probably the only options are services like Moneygram or Westernunion. Make sure you send the money in the name of person and it matches their ID card exactly, otherwise they won't be able to collect the money.

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Just a mention that Western Union doesn't have the best reputation for current exchange rates, and you may want to ask that in advance before using them if paying in rupiah.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
You can set up a bank account in almost minutes. So if it is any significant kind of amount then, setting up a bank account is a good option. I think you only need to show your ID. Transferwise is great for sending money internationally.

Reactions: jack&ami

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
what's with the digging up old threads? three years later you really think it's worth replying?

Reactions: tel522

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Newbies often do this as they don't immediately get the age of the various comments when searching for their interests.

Taint a big thing. At least they're searching before asking! ;)

Some of the old threads deserve resurrection and some should be allowed to pass naturally - you judge (anyone that wants to reply).

gtrken

Nov 4, 2007
Perth W Australia
Newbies often do this as they don't immediately get the age of the various comments when searching for their interests.

Taint a big thing. At least they're searching before asking! ;)

Some of the old threads deserve resurrection and some should be allowed to pass naturally - you judge (anyone that wants to reply).

Markit
I am disappointed. That is a very mellow, laid back answer coming from you :)
Has Bali finally had an affect on you ?
Have you grown accustomed to people making mistakes ?
Have you had too many beers ?
hehe

Cheers
Probably now more jaded than Markit
Ken

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
Markit
hehe

Cheers
Ken

Haha so I wasn't the only one thinking that?

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Markit
hehe

Cheers
Ken
I'm not as viscous as all that and when some newbie does the work to first find summat then they deserve our heartfelt support. Of course once they've been lulled into a false sense of security then we can rip them apart in the air. ;)

Foamcrest

Jun 11, 2016
I love Markit!
Mangina owner, bread connoisseur, unique turn of phrase (?), intrepid explorer of Lombok, and a ‘been there done that‘ authority on just about anything.
He’s blushing now...ahhhh.

balipod-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 12, 2010
what's with the digging up old threads? three years later you really think it's worth replying?

It's probably not the case here, but if there is a link in the post, it is usually someone trying to score a backlink to their website. They probably google something related to Bali and a thread from this site will appear so they join the forum and post a link to their website, probably hoping that Google will rank their site for the same keywords.

gtrken

Nov 4, 2007
Perth W Australia
I love Markit!
Mangina owner, bread connoisseur, unique turn of phrase (?), intrepid explorer of Lombok, and a ‘been there done that‘ authority on just about anything.
He’s blushing now...ahhhh.
Mangini owner? Is that like like a male version of a vagini? Yes I understand it is spelt a bit wrong.
I have heard of a Mankini ( aka Sascha Baron Cohen )

The thought of one of those on Markit gives me nightmares.
Once seen it cannot be unseen....

Cheers
Hoping to look better than markit in a Mankini
Ken

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Some of you boys need to get out more. Speaking of which got my first Astra Zenica jab yesterday and feel like old barf warmed up today but the old world is almost in my feeble grasp again, I hope.