Bali Villa Sales

Villas of Bali ™ is the trusted real estate company that offers the most beautiful villas for sale on Bali. Visit our experienced and helpful staff in our office in Seminyak, or search the extensive villa listing online at www.balivillasales.com, providing the most exclusive properties for sale. Villas of Bali ™ stands for quality, integrity and trust. We help you save time and money, while providing you peace of mind of your property related needs. Send us an email to info@villasofbali.com, or call us at +62 878 6249 3526.

1. Welcome Guest to the new look Balipod. If you are an existing member, just sign up with your usual username/password. Any problems you can post them here
    Dismiss Notice

Seeking Footwear manufacturer in indonesia - Womens shoes

Discussion in 'Bali Expat Forum' started by nashtec, Apr 1, 2017.

1. nashtec

nashtec New Member

Hi, My name is Victoria, and I am starting a Women's shoe company and I am in desperate need of your advice.

I have heard great things about the industry in East Java for footwear, However, I am having trouble finding a manufacturer, understanding that perhaps not all have an online presence.?..

I will book flights once I find someone but in the mean time, does anyone know of, or have experience with a Shoe manufacture that is good to work with, will provide samples ect and that can do smaller runs ie. 50 - 100 units.?.

Or do you think I should instead seek an agent? maybe someone could suggest one i can trust.

I am ready to start but I am so frustrated as I do not know where to go to make this happen.

Please let me know if you can help direct me. Any advice will be deeply deeply appreciated.

Thank you

2. Markit

Markit Well-Known Member

Just imagine a world before internet.... where no one has an "online presence and to find a good manufacturer you had to get to know people in that industry and spend some time with them and win their trust or at least their help. People in the shoe trade probably don't have internet in Java or speak English.

Take your designs to the area in Java where you have heard they do this and hang out there for a while and talk to the locals about what you want and you will undoubtedly find people there willing to help you. You can then look at their work, their sweat shops, their suppliers, etc and see if those are the kinds of people and conditions you want to do business with.

3. mugwump

mugwump Member

Hi Victoria,
    There are shoe manufacturers in Surabaya, and surely they must have ads on the internet. Sidoarjo between Surabaya and Malang also has shoes as well as other quality leather goods. If a mfr. doesn't speak English or have anyone on their staff that does they surely can't be too sophisticated in their marketing. I would beware of agents and deal directly with the producer of goods. Agents you can trust is a contradiction of terms.
    If all else fails try the old but frequently still available yellow pages.
    If you have access to the private message facility on this relatively new format, feel free to email me for a Surabaya phone number.
    Good luck.

Markit likes this.
  4. nashtec

nashtec New Member

Thankyou so much for taking the time. I really appreciate your advice. I do plan to go over but I thought I could connect before I did. Once I figure how to msg you I will get in touch. means alot thanks again.

5. nashtec

nashtec New Member

Thankyou for your advice.

6. joji gulapetis