Tiggy

May 6, 2011
Lombok
Hi guys,

I hope there are a few mad divers out there that can give me some info. I figured moving to Bali was a good excuse to finally invest in my own gear since I'll actually be close to water for the first time in a long time.

I was wondering what the pricing was like over there versus overseas. In Australia everything is VERY expensive compared to elsewhere in the world (whats new..). Are the prices (and availability) for gear in Bali comparable? Looking at mid range type stuff.

I would just suck it up and buy stuff here, but living 2000kms from the ocean and nearest dive shop makes that very challenging. Also, being able to buy once I arrive would be preferable since my baggage space is already at a premium.

Thanks for any help! I did a search but didn't turn up anything useful.

Cheers,

Christine

gilitea

Sep 15, 2011
scuba gear

tiggy,

you will find scuba gear is expensive on bali you will also be limited by choice. check out the diveimports online. they are located in Mt Hawthorn Perth can't post a link here as i've not made enough posts as yet.

Tiggy

May 6, 2011
Lombok
Thanks - I suspected as much :(

That website is down - tried to get in there yesterday as well but no joy.

C

CanonMan

I'm selling some SCUBA Gear

Hi there,
Depending on what gear you are after I am selling a couple of Atomic T2 Reg Sets, with Octopus and Air/Pressure gauges. One new and one used. I also have a SUUNTO D9 Titanium Computer for sale with the Transmitter unit.

Now working flat out with a new business launch so no time for diving. Last dive was a year ago in Komodo.

Contact me if interested. Looking more to sell the gear than make a profit.

Cheers,
Mark.

mastercaster

Nov 10, 2010
Just a word of caution .. if diving in the south .. the currents in So. Bali and to the east of Indo can be deadly .. there are radical down drafts that can and will, ruin your day/life .. and have for many ...

Dive with someone who has allot of local knowledge + understands the tides and moon phases ... even with that there are no guarantees ..

Plan your dive and dive your plan ...

Don't get separated and carry a orange safety sausage so you can be seen if you are separated .

Safety first !

Last edited:

Tiggy

May 6, 2011
Lombok
Mark - lovely gear but waaaaaay over what I need at this stage. I did find your classified post on it when I did my search. This going from well heeled professional to penny pinching student is quite a paradigmn shift haha. I think I am going to go with a xtx 200/40 reg octo and have a good line on a used VT3 computer. Sent an email to divemasters in sanur and fingers crossed.

I totally agree mastercaster! Thanks for the reminder. I did both both OW and AOW (different trips) at nusa lembongan / penida and the conditions can be pretty interesting! Most times for the second location we ended up having to sit and wait for current to die down to a 4knot or less level, or move to a different spot. :eek: Learning to dive in those conditions has been good though, as most other places feel nice and relaxed and easy.

I've read about those horrible tragedies with the nasty conditions (blue corner etc). Not in a hurry to become a statistic. Being alive is a top priority.

I hope to join up with the dive club and meet some experienced like minded people - definitely not going off all cowboy style. Nuh uh!

C

CanonMan

No worries, dive safe. If you ever get the chance then you MUST dive Komodo. I lived in Palau, western Pacific, for four years and a couple of the sites in Komodo are on a par with, and one better than, the fabled and original, Blue Corner.

Cheers,
Mark.

kiwi

Nov 8, 2010
Brisbane

balibule

Feb 6, 2009
There are many shops in Bali that sell Scuba Gear. Most of them buy form the two main shops in Bali that are Divemasters (Divemasters Indonesia - Offical Website) selling mostly Aqualung, Seaquest & Suunto products and Divesport (info@divesportbali.com) selling more Scubapro and Uwatec Products.

Both should be fast on a reply if you sent them an email inquiring on a price for a specific product you are looking for so you can compare at home.

Scuba diving in Bali is great but go beyond Bali and it gets even better. Visit ScubaBoard - ScubaBoard Home for specific questions on diving in Indonesia and Bali.

Best Fishes!

Tiggy

May 6, 2011
Lombok
Thanks for the help! Leisurepro isn't a problem other than the international shipping lag time and I am very concerned my stuff wont get here in time. The expedited shipping cost was a bit yikes.

Thanks for the contact details of the divesport. I didn't have them so that's handy for an increased range of stuff. Do either of those shops have a pool that you can try some of the stuff out? I will 100% be buying a new BC down there and it would be preferable to try them in the water (going for back inflate I think after normally using rental jackets).

Love me some scubaboard. Brilliant website. Scary at times as I just was reading about the 2 people that died in crystal bay a couple months ago. Hits a bit close to home as I know that site very well. I hope on semester breaks to get to travel a bit and dive some amazing spots.Thanks for the heads up on Komodo, looks nice Mark.

Sep 19, 2021
Hi guys,

I hope there are a few mad divers out there that can give me some info. I figured moving to Bali was a good excuse to finally invest in my own gear since I'll actually be close to water for the first time in a long time.

I was wondering what the pricing was like over there versus overseas. In Australia everything is VERY expensive compared to elsewhere in the world (whats new..). Are the prices (and availability) for gear in Bali comparable? Looking at mid range type stuff.

I would just suck it up and buy stuff here, but living 2000kms from the ocean and nearest dive shop makes that very challenging. Also, being able to buy once I arrive would be preferable since my baggage space is already at a premium.

Thanks for any help! I did a search but didn't turn up anything useful.

Cheers,
scuba equipment buying guide
Christine
I am looking for some basic light scuba gear. does any one have any they are willing to part with?