freetofly

Aug 30, 2010
Along with everyone else, we are looking to relocate to bali. hubby fi/fo worker.

I have two children, one of which will be starting year 11 next year, I am getting a little disheartened by the school fees!!! does anyone have any info on the schools in the sanur area???

thank you

leandra

Feb 16, 2010
sorry

Along with everyone else, we are looking to relocate to bali. hubby fi/fo worker.

I have two children, one of which will be starting year 11 next year, I am getting a little disheartened by the school fees!!! does anyone have any info on the schools in the sanur area???

thank you

you see by the quantity...of answers that this is a serious issue here in bali.

we all have kids and need playgroups and good schools.

school fees here make people move back to their own countries.......

for a good school, you need min 1000 dollar a month for a up to 10 year old child, no way avoiding this.

this does of course not including enrollment fees, books, food and uniforms.......

anybody who can opening a good and reasonalbe priced s chool here...???
Please no Montessori-Chic, we have already and they do not even reply phone calls, please no Steiner- Attitude, we have already close to Ubud and the school fee would kill normal people...please no sanur international with all people who think they are better than others.
a normal, nice friendly, western education based school with safe playground and gym hall would do.
anyone who would like to invest.._ do it,k school is going to be THE business HERE. just be fair...

connected56

Oct 8, 2010
Puri Gading, Jimbaran, Bali
school?

I just started working at an International School in the Jimbaran area. While it's from perfect, we have a great team of experienced teachers from Canada, US, Scotland, Hungary, Australia and Indonesia. The fees are around $5000 a year for primary grades and slightly less for older ages.

Kat

Oct 9, 2010
Schools

I have 5 children from 6 - 16. Any ideas about cheaper schools? We have used local national schools in other countries. Has anyone had experience of using local schools in Bali (ie not international schools). I can not find any information on whether foreigners can enrol and what fees are?

Tory70

Apr 21, 2010
I just started working at an International School in the Jimbaran area. While it's from perfect, we have a great team of experienced teachers from Canada, US, Scotland, Hungary, Australia and Indonesia. The fees are around $5000 a year for primary grades and slightly less for older ages.

Yes but $5000 plus reg/enrollment fees and we are still looking at allot per year x 3 or 4 or 5 children for some families? Surely there is a couple of school teachers out there that can hire a nice room and start an independent school?? Or maybe even small groups of kids being home schooled around the same ages at someones house and we pay the teacher per family? Maybe we change the location weekly, supply lunches etc? If they are school teachers (rather then parents running the classes) then they could set the work and activities...there must be a cheaper solution then the current fees that schools are asking.

Last edited:

chris44

Oct 28, 2010
Bali, Nusa Dua
www.deluxespas.ch
why not found our own school?

Hi i have two kids 1-4 years old, a bit to go to school but Kindergarten would be nice, why we can not found our owen school and Kindergarten? Hire 1 or 2 Teacher and build a class with 4-5 kids.
Honestly i have no idea what is necessqary that kids later can study international, first we would need to understand the law i think. for example in germany kids have to go to school" in fance its allowed to teach kids yourself at home.

So how about indonesia? is it possible to hire private teacher? Cause one of the reasons we leave Germany is tha ti not want my kids in a public school, learning all this nonsens, I preffer, steiner way, but even this not enough, but better than the public schools in germany.
So any idea about this-. a school were kid can be kid..and use most time to play and do what is fun in live and what we made for not stress and pressure for getting mark a or 1.
thanks in advance

noodle

Oct 22, 2010
Homeschool kindy group

It sounds like there are some parents who are thinking about the schooling thing in the same regards as us. We have a nine and nearly 4 year old. It is likely we will send the nine year old to school, however the expected full time week and enormous fees are a big turnoff for kindergarten. The thing is I am a teacher and I can homeshool but I do not want my children to be isolated. However, in the younger years - the preschool years - I think it would be perfectly reasonable to run a little kindergarten from home for 5 or so children. I would be happy to do so - BUT I cannot even begin to understand the Visa logistics associated with this at this point - as I do not have a KITAS. If any one is interested please post. We arrive in january and in fact have not even decided which part of the island we are going to stay, but it is likely to be in the south. I will start making some general enquiries. Obviously it is a very loose idea at this point. I have experience teaching kindy to early highschool, I have also been involved with steiner a bit over the years - and I think that is lovely in the early years - but I'm pretty much two feet planted firmly on the ground type teacher.

goldminer

Apr 16, 2008
Sanur/Sunrise Dam Gold Mine
Hi noodle, i have just enrolled my 2 year old daughter in the West Coast Steiner School in Perth. What is your opinion of the Steiner methods?
I think you are on the right track in getting something happening in Bali, but paperwork and corruption might be the problem. Anyway, goodluck, hope it works out for you.

noodle

Oct 22, 2010
yes goldminer - that paper work thing looks incredibly complicated.....
As for steiner - I began my association with them when my nine year old son was two. We went to the playgroup at Bibra Lake Steiner and I loved it. Nine years ago my parenting style was a bit different - but I still think it is a beautiful magical reverent space that they create for younger children - and the whole point is not to hurry them in to a world of chaos - they'll get there soon enough! I am still involved with a steiner inspired playgroup with my younger son - in Geraldton. I have watched that grow from a once a week arrangement to having enough parents interested that it operates 5 days a week with a waiting list in just a few years!! Stieiner is wonderful in theory - keep level headed about it. Remember that if Mr Steiner was writing his philosphies today and he was Australian! his ideas might be a little different - avoid the cultish aspect that some people get immersed in. - it always bothered that all the animal toys were only european!
And if I did it all again I would still send my young children to steiner - just not sure it meets mine and my sons needs as they older. It is a very personal decision though.
Have a lovely time together at playgoup!

goldminer

Apr 16, 2008
Sanur/Sunrise Dam Gold Mine
Thanks for that noodle, are plan is to try steiner during playgroup years, and then decide about it when my lil one is old enough for primary and secondary school. Having said that, i hope to be living in Bali well before both of them come along, and then i will have the same problems you have of finding something suitable :icon_rolleyes: