Saudi King to bring entourage of 1500 people on visit to Jakarta and Bali

balinews

Feb 14, 2010
Saudi Arabia's King Salman will visit Jakarta and Bali on the Indonesian leg of his Asian tour next week, bringing 1,500 people in his entourage, including 10 ministers, Indonesian officials said.

"This is a very historic visit for us," Cabinet Secretary Pramono Anung told reporters on Tuesday, adding that the King would be in Indonesia from next Wednesday to March 9. He would spend the last six days of his trip in Bali.

Mr Pramono said Indonesian President Joko Widodo hoped the visit would bring Saudi investments of up to US$25 billion (S$35.5 billion).

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/saudi-king-to-visit-jakarta-and-bali

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
These guys always have to travel with everyone from the gov. Spect they're afraid that if they leave anyone at home they'll take over the government and shot them when they get back.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
If I cast what I laughingly call my mind back several years there was all the talk about the new International Airport on Lombok(it happened) and the entire infrastructure was going to be revamped (it happened) and all the hotels brought up to international standard(sort of happened before they all went bankrupt) for the marvelous promise of a Arabic/Middle Eastern Muslim tsunami of holiday makers wanting to experience the Islamic holiday resorts of Lombok. With loads of "no booze", "no bikinis", halal food and that wonder of rectitude Sharia Law on holiday.

Now we have the King of it all not even flying over Lombok to stay in Bali....

I sometimes wish they'd bring back punishment for incompetent or corrupt bureaucrats where they would be sown up in the hide of a dead cow and pegged out in the hot sun over an ant hill. I'd watch it.