davita

Mar 13, 2012
I just copy/pasted this rant from another forum....anyone know this bar....and may wish to refute?

Barbs Sports Bar Sanur I just got charged 40,000 IDR for a small glass of ice, with a splash of cheap orange cordial (from a 2 litre bottle) and soda water. What a joke. My rant is over - I can now move one. Thank you.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Doesn't the term "Sports Bar" send a warning?

I mean the only "sport" I've ever seen in a bar was chasing pussy and hoisting glasses.

I think "TV Bar" might be a better hint, but what do I know?

Normy

Jul 22, 2012
Perth, Sanur
Yes it is a tv bar. About 9 screens from memory, which cover all types of sport, but never seen anything shown as described by Markit.
When in Sanur I visit Barbs on a daily basis. I have never seen anyone charged for ice, bottled soda water about 17/19000. Dunno about the orange cordial. Should have stuck to small binnies at 22000.
'Barbs' is very popular with tourists and expats alike. Did the drinker complain about the high cost of the drink?

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Thanks Normy for your refute.
Personally I don't like it when some disparage and mention names on social media/forums etc. without the owner/manager able to refute or comment. If I'm angry or disappointed with something I prefer to deal directly with the management.
I've often denigrated Air Asia here on this forum but only after writing to them and getting no response.

Nydave

Jun 4, 2015
I know Barb`s place,Barb is a really nice lady,my wife and Barb were quite good friends when we lived in Sanur couple of years ago,

The place was known as Anna`s Warung before Barb took it over,

Couple of years ago Barb completely renovated the place and made it into a very modern establishment,

I do recall that it was slightly more expensive compared to some of the other bars I used to hang out in,but nothing crazy,or worth complaining about,

It could be that the bartender made a genuine mistake,,

If not then next time forget about drinking soda, drink Bintang instead,,its cheaper ,

Well at least that's my excuse for drinking Bintang

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I know Barb`s place,Barb is a really nice lady,my wife and Barb were quite good friends when we lived in Sanur couple of years ago,

The place was known as Anna`s Warung before Barb took it over,

Couple of years ago Barb completely renovated the place and made it into a very modern establishment,

I do recall that it was slightly more expensive compared to some of the other bars I used to hang out in,but nothing crazy,or worth complaining about,

It could be that the bartender made a genuine mistake,,

If not then next time forget about drinking soda, drink Bintang instead,,its cheaper ,

Well at least that's my excuse for drinking Bintang

Had lunch yesterday at Echo Beach Club..Kilkenny bottles for sale Rp25,000...same as Bintang.....had a few. Happy hour goes down to Rp20,000. Discounted draft Kilkenny also available at happy hour.

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
How many Aussies committed suicide yesterday, at Barb's, when their team went down in flames? Of course, they still did better than the French who lost 62-13 to the All Blacks...:icon_sad::icon_sad:

Normy

Jul 22, 2012
Perth, Sanur
Probably about 75% of the patrons. Not many leave immediately after the game, fans of both sides readily mingle and the drinking continues.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Probably about 75% of the patrons. Not many leave immediately after the game, fans of both sides readily mingle and the drinking continues.

The live game finished at around 01:30am Bali local time....I doubt if any would be awake...oh! wait! we're talking about Australians, sports and beer...:icon_e_surprised:

Normy

Jul 22, 2012
Perth, Sanur
Yes true, I went to bed here at half time. The staff at Barbs would want to close and go home. The hardy types would stagger up the street about 5 minutes to the Zoo and kick on for another couple of hours.

Normy

Jul 22, 2012
Perth, Sanur
Yes true. I know of 7 bars with multiple screens and/or extra large screen in Sanur There may be more. locals have their favourite places.