sales Ideas

lumumba

Sep 17, 2008
Bandung-Bali-Jakarta
i know it is a sort of silly/stupid question but i will ask anyway
What would be a decent product/s to sale on line, world wide, produced in Bali and not to bulky ?
Don't get crazy and be gentle

DenpasarHouse

Aug 13, 2013
Jewellery is a perfect candidate for you but the problem is that there's hundreds of people already doing it and I think you have to have a good knowledge of the materials and styles that are popular. Celuk is the gold and silver centre of Bali, every second house is a silver/goldsmith.

In my opinion, you've really got to have a lot of experience with a product before you decide to setup shop in Bali. You need to know all the pitfalls before starting so that you're not reliant on the opinions of people who most likely don't know as much as they let on.

Another idea, is to sell traditional Indonesian and Balinese paintings. You could roll them up in those cardboard tubes and they should travel well. The really good stuff is pretty expensive, but because of that you might be able to make a good percentage profit. For example, buy for $500 and sell for $600, that's a 20% markup but to someone already willing to drop $500, $600 doesn't seem that more expensive. You could put them on eBay make them available worldwide. There's probably a million people already doing this, but it's gets you thinking.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
How about sea salt? There is a place in Pemuteran which sells all different kinds of flavors and varieties. They can sell in bulk, so you would just need to organize the packaging. It was something I was thinking of doing but seemed like a lot of work and in the end couldn't be bothered.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
How about sea salt? There is a place in Pemuteran which sells all different kinds of flavors and varieties. They can sell in bulk, so you would just need to organize the packaging. It was something I was thinking of doing but seemed like a lot of work and in the end couldn't be bothered.

Great minds think alike but I heard this very faint and small voice of caution saying it might be different if you are selling something for consumption.

Imagine if someone in the USA got sick after eating your Sirsop Sea Salt and sued you?!

This doesn't even consider what hoops you would have to jump through to get into the States.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Imagine if someone in the USA got sick after eating your Sirsop Sea Salt and sued you?!

I would imagine there would be some measure of safety being in Indonesia and the company probably wouldn't be in your name. You could also blame the supplier if you didn't want to take responsibility :)

I have looked into selling on Amazon through their FBA program and they have some approvals you need to go through for food, but Amazon have a lot of info on their site, as wells as info on blogs and forums.

If you go to Amazon and search for "Bali salt" you will see many people selling it already. The different salt mixes the company made like with garlic, weren't great IMO so was hard to get excited about.

This guy had a good idea a while back importing coconut chips from Thailand: https://mixergy.com/interviews/dang-foods-with-vincent-kitirattragarn/ The podcast might give some inspiration to find something similar in Indonesia.

lumumba

Sep 17, 2008
Bandung-Bali-Jakarta
Jewellery is a perfect candidate for you but the problem is that there's hundreds of people already doing it and I think you have to have a good knowledge of the materials and styles that are popular. Celuk is the gold and silver centre of Bali, every second house is a silver/goldsmith.

In my opinion, you've really got to have a lot of experience with a product before you decide to setup shop in Bali. You need to know all the pitfalls before starting so that you're not reliant on the opinions of people who most likely don't know as much as they let on.

Another idea, is to sell traditional Indonesian and Balinese paintings. You could roll them up in those cardboard tubes and they should travel well. The really good stuff is pretty expensive, but because of that you might be able to make a good percentage profit. For example, buy for $500 and sell for $600, that's a 20% markup but to someone already willing to drop $500, $600 doesn't seem that more expensive. You could put them on eBay make them available worldwide. There's probably a million people already doing this, but it's gets you thinking.

Thanks you so much i will pass the info on

Reactions: DenpasarHouse