retirement visa

nelis

Dec 26, 2003
:D :D :D
Hi,
Just to let you know that today we have received our retirment visa papers. Now, I have to send them to the Indonesian Consulate in Darwin together with our pasports. We are very happy that soon we can travel to beautiful Bali,
Jogry and Nelis

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
And may I add my “selamat” to Jogry and Nelis too?

Meanwhile, Immagrasi dari Bali continues to argue over whether some of us should be on a social/cultural visa, or a business visa. Try asking them their opinion. It’s tantamount to a bunch of Catholics arguing over whether the Blessed Mary was a virgin, or not. Seventeen months for me, and I'll be hooking this retirement visa too!

But, I can envision this:

Pak asks, “Why are you on a retirement visa?” :evil:

Reply, “Because I am retired.” :shock:

Pak asks, “What is this retirement thing…I mean, how do you live?” :roll:

Reply, “I live on a pension Pak, a monthly income that I earned from years of working.” :D

Pak asks, “Hmmm, how can I join this plan?” :?:

Reply, “Errrr, ahhhh, geeee, and then my classic, “tidak mengerti Bahasa Indonesia Ba Pak” :idea:

Pak asks, “Well, that was OK Indonesian. :shock:

Reply, "Ma’af, Ba Pak, it took me six years to memorize that one line.” :D

nelis

Dec 26, 2003
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hi Roy,
Very funny this yoke! I like it! One day I hope we will meet each other.

Indeed Bert, it has taken quite a while, but the end is nearly there. First the holidays and looking around what we are going to do.
Thanks for the good wishes of you both,
Jogry & Neil

nelis

Dec 26, 2003
Good morning to you all.
The Ambassy in Canberra does have no knowledge about retirement visa, nor the consulates in Brisbane and Sydney. The only person who is informed and very friendly to deal with is the Consulare in Darwin.
This might help any future expatriates.
Have a beaut of a day.
Jogry & Neil