Bali Villa Sales

Villas of Bali ™ is the trusted real estate company that offers the most beautiful villas for sale on Bali. Visit our experienced and helpful staff in our office in Seminyak, or search the extensive villa listing online at www.balivillasales.com, providing the most exclusive properties for sale. Villas of Bali ™ stands for quality, integrity and trust. We help you save time and money, while providing you peace of mind of your property related needs. Send us an email to info@villasofbali.com, or call us at +62 878 6249 3526.

1. Welcome Guest to the new look Balipod. If you are an existing member, just sign up with your usual username/password. Any problems you can post them here
    Dismiss Notice

Retirement visa renewal

Discussion in 'Bali Expat Forum' started by Billt4SF, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Billt4SF

Billt4SF Member

Hello Bali people,

We have had a retirement visa for a number of months and we will need to renew it before March 18, 2018.

What is the going rate (if there is such a thing) for renewal of such a visa, and how long do you need to surrender your passport for?

It's multiple-entry (which we need!) and KITAS.

Thanks,

Bill & Emily

2. davita

davita Well-Known Member

Re: post # 1
    If you have a previous Retirement Kitas it should have been applied for using an agent. Generally, it takes about a month to apply, but I suggest you ask your agent for his fee and when to submit the documents to him...that's why you pay him the big bucks.

3. Billt4SF

Billt4SF Member

yes, we have an agent and he told us it costs about $800+ and he needs the passport for two months.

I am just checking to see what others pay for a RENEWAL and how long the passport has to be given over for.

- Bill

4. davita

davita Well-Known Member

From my experience that's about right. There may be other agents who charge a different fee but it's a crapshoot market.
    If you need your passport during this stupid process it can be recovered but, as I was told, you have to start the whole fffing process of Kitas application all over again.
    It's a total 'pain in the arse'...but necessary, if wanting to stay in Indonesia.