Retirement visa renewal

Billt4SF

Aug 4, 2014
Hello Bali people,

We have had a retirement visa for a number of months and we will need to renew it before March 18, 2018.

What is the going rate (if there is such a thing) for renewal of such a visa, and how long do you need to surrender your passport for?

It's multiple-entry (which we need!) and KITAS.

Thanks,

Bill & Emily

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Re: post # 1
If you have a previous Retirement Kitas it should have been applied for using an agent. Generally, it takes about a month to apply, but I suggest you ask your agent for his fee and when to submit the documents to him...that's why you pay him the big bucks.

Billt4SF

Aug 4, 2014
yes, we have an agent and he told us it costs about $800+ and he needs the passport for two months.

I am just checking to see what others pay for a RENEWAL and how long the passport has to be given over for.

- Bill

davita

Mar 13, 2012
yes, we have an agent and he told us it costs about $800+ and he needs the passport for two months.

I am just checking to see what others pay for a RENEWAL and how long the passport has to be given over for.

- Bill
From my experience that's about right. There may be other agents who charge a different fee but it's a crapshoot market.
If you need your passport during this stupid process it can be recovered but, as I was told, you have to start the whole fffing process of Kitas application all over again.
It's a total 'pain in the arse'...but necessary, if wanting to stay in Indonesia.