Requirement for SKTT

Tezza71

Oct 31, 2018
G'day Guys,
Looking for advice please.
When I obtained my KITAS last year (2021) I also was asked to get an SKTT. How important is it to have this document. I've been trying to organise an extension to the one I have which expires in January 2022. Is it really necessary to have this document. Any guidance would be helpful.

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
The document is both legally required and essential, as it's your official local identification document. You will not be able to extend your Kitas without it. You should go to your local catatan sipil and sort this out asap. It's not a complicated process and it's free of charge. Should only take a few days at most after submitting your application with the required documents. Cheers

Tezza71

Oct 31, 2018
The document is both legally required and essential, as it's your official local identification document. You will not be able to extend your Kitas without it. You should go to your local catatan sipil and sort this out asap. It's not a complicated process and it's free of charge. Should only take a few days at most after submitting your application with the required documents. Cheers
Thanks for that Mark.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
C&P from Facebook:

You can apply for SKTT 100% online, you don't need to go to the Civil office unless you want to pick it up in person when it's completed.
https://taringdukcapil.denpasarkota.go.id/
IN CASE YOU NEED ANY HELP they have a WA information number
087 860 982 401 ( again, the working hour is from 8:00-14:00)
1) Online account registration ( Login WNA).
First of all, you need to have an online account. The office only working from 8:00 – 14:00 if you registered after these hours, the account verification email will be sent to you the next day morning. So don’t panic if you don’t receive the account verification email straight away.
2) Once you have an account, then log in,
select the service “AKTA/Surat Lainnya”
On the right corner, you will see three options
PERMOHONANK , ETENTUAN, LOG OUT
-Select “PERMOHONANK” (application)
Later you can also check your application process in here
Once you are in the application stage select
“Penerbitan Surat Keterangan Tempat Tinggal (SKTT) bagi Orang Asing yang memiliki Izin Tinggal Sementara”
3) This is the most time consuming stage - Prepare the documents, forms and scan all of them into PDF with the max file size of 2MB per file. This requires a little patience and preparation.
1. Formulir Biodata Keluarga (F1.01) ........ download
2. Formulir Biodata (F1.08) ........ download
The forms F1.01, F1.08 are a “Must have”. So take your time to fill them in. F1.01 is one per household so you don’t have to do it again for your wife/ husband.
3. Izin Tinggal Sementara
This is your E-KITAS
4. Fc. Buku nikah/kutipan akta perkawinan atau kutipan akta perceraian
Your marriage certificate if you are married
5. Dokumen Perjalanan (Pasport, IMTA, Ijin Belajar, Sponsor)
Your passport photo page
6. Surat Pernyataan Tanggung Jawab Mutlak perkawinan/perceraian belum tercatat (apabila status di KK kawin/cerai dan tidak memiliki kutipan akta perkawinan/perceraian) ........ download
I’m not sure if you have to have this one or not but I filled in anyway…
7. Fc. Akta Kelahiran
I didn’t submit anything under this , I assume it is not a “must to have"
8. Surat Pengantar RT/RW (Kaling/Kadus)
OK, I was told to scan the following 3 documents into one PDF and submitted here
- Domicile Letter
You can obtain this letter from the local Banjar, each Banjar has slightly different requirements, and some charge and some won't charge for it. ( in my case, I need to submit a copy of a police report letter (STM) before they issuing a domicile letter)
- Sponsor KPT
- Sponsor KK
Your sponsor must be registered in the same region as you, in my case it is Denpasar
9. Pas photo ukuran 3x4 cm sebanyak 1 lembar
I think it would be easier for them to process if you submit your photo as PDF. Please make sure the size is less than 2MB.
4) Once uploaded all your documents, then submit your application online. If your application is submitted before 11 am, it’s possible that they will process and complete it on the same day. If it’s after 11 am, then your application will probably be processed in the next working day.
5) Once they have completed your application you will receive a notification email and you can print your Temporary residential card online. You could pick up the card in the civil office or send a grab/gojet to pick it up for you.
So overall, there is a lot of papers to obtain and fill out and it required a trip to the police station and Banjar. But if you have all the documents, it is very efficient. Like many things in Bali, if you know the rules and you follow them, it is working very efficient. But it takes a little research and patience to obtain all the forms.

Reactions: Chris W

Tezza71

Oct 31, 2018
C&P from Facebook:

You can apply for SKTT 100% online, you don't need to go to the Civil office unless you want to pick it up in person when it's completed.
First of all, you need to have an online account. The office only working from 8:00 – 14:00 if you registered after these hours, the account verification email will be sent to you the next day morning. So don’t panic if you don’t receive the account verification email straight away.
“Penerbitan Surat Keterangan Tempat Tinggal (SKTT) bagi Orang Asing yang memiliki Izin Tinggal Sementara”
3) This is the most time consuming stage - Prepare the documents, forms and scan all of them into PDF with the max file size of 2MB per file. This requires a little patience and preparation.
The forms F1.01, F1.08 are a “Must have”. So take your time to fill them in. F1.01 is one per household so you don’t have to do it again for your wife/ husband.
This is your E-KITAS
Your passport photo page
6. Surat Pernyataan Tanggung Jawab Mutlak perkawinan/perceraian belum tercatat (apabila status di KK kawin/cerai dan tidak memiliki kutipan akta perkawinan/perceraian) ........ download
7. Fc. Akta Kelahiran
OK, I was told to scan the following 3 documents into one PDF and submitted here
- Domicile Letter
You can obtain this letter from the local Banjar, each Banjar has slightly different requirements, and some charge and some won't charge for it. ( in my case, I need to submit a copy of a police report letter (STM) before they issuing a domicile letter)
- Sponsor KPT
- Sponsor KK
Your sponsor must be registered in the same region as you, in my case it is Denpasar
I think it would be easier for them to process if you submit your photo as PDF. Please make sure the size is less than 2MB.
4) Once uploaded all your documents, then submit your application online. If your application is submitted before 11 am, it’s possible that they will process and complete it on the same day. If it’s after 11 am, then your application will probably be processed in the next working day.
5) Once they have completed your application you will receive a notification email and you can print your Temporary residential card online. You could pick up the card in the civil office or send a grab/gojet to pick it up for you.
So overall, there is a lot of papers to obtain and fill out and it required a trip to the police station and Banjar. But if you have all the documents, it is very efficient. Like many things in Bali, if you know the rules and you follow them, it is working very efficient. But it takes a little research and patience to obtain all the forms.
Thanks for this info Spicy

Balifrog

Dec 30, 2017
P
C&P from Facebook:

This is your E-KITAS
Your passport photo page
7. Fc. Akta Kelahiran
- Domicile Letter
- Sponsor KPT
- Sponsor KK

Pay an agent to do all this stuff.....

Did 4 x the (retirement) KITAS thing. Each time I had :
- KITAS (electronic limited stay permit/ Izin Tinggal Terbatas Electronik)
- Police report
- Domicile letter (Surat keterangan)
- SKTT (Sjrat Keterangan Tempat Tinggal)

Now I just obtained the 5 y KITAP, with all the above, plus :
- Kartu Keluarga / House or Family book ?
- KTP / Kartu Tanda Penduduk (Indo ID Card)

I strongly recommend for any expat in any country to always follow the local immigration / documentary rules. If not, be sure one day in case of problem, the lack of any of them will be thrown at you and used against you.

Previous to living here I had the HKG P.R.
Not that Bejing nowadays would be impressed by it ....

Reactions: Chris A

Tezza71

Oct 31, 2018
P

Pay an agent to do all this stuff.....

Did 4 x the (retirement) KITAS thing. Each time I had :
- KITAS (electronic limited stay permit/ Izin Tinggal Terbatas Electronik)
- Police report
- Domicile letter (Surat keterangan)
- SKTT (Sjrat Keterangan Tempat Tinggal)

Now I just obtained the 5 y KITAP, with all the above, plus :
- Kartu Keluarga / House or Family book ?
- KTP / Kartu Tanda Penduduk (Indo ID Card)

I strongly recommend for any expat in any country to always follow the local immigration / documentary rules. If not, be sure one day in case of problem, the lack of any of them will be thrown at you and used against you.

Previous to living here I had the HKG P.R.
Not that Bejing nowadays would be impressed by it ....
Bloody agent wants 2.25 Millon Rp. to do it. I'm not a rich man and 2.25 million is just too much.
Buggers charged me AU$1000 just to renew my KITAS for the next 12 months. That I can tolerate just about cause I have to have it to stay here but this latest grab is just OTT.

Balifrog

Dec 30, 2017
Bloody agent wants 2.25 Millon Rp. to do it. I'm not a rich man and 2.25 million is just too much.
Buggers charged me AU$1000 just to renew my KITAS for the next 12 months. That I can tolerate just about cause I have to have it to stay here but this latest grab is just OTT.
1000 AUD (10 M IDR) is about the "going" price to extend a retirement Kitas.
I paid 9 M each time, BUT it included all what I mentionned above, also the SKTT. So, yes, your agent is taking you for a ride !

Note : Start saving for the 5 y KITAP, mate.... And be sure to be seated when you ask a quote to your agent !

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
There is no need to use an agent to get your SKTT. In fact, it's a total waste of money - better keep it for the pub or even better help out some of the elderly poor in your banjar. The process is straightforward and free of charge. Your local Catatan Sipil will appreciate your efforts to DIY and will likely go out of their way to help you. If you are retired/grey haired, they will be extra kind. Don't be afraid of Indonesian bureaucracy. It's a part of life here and if you want to be integrated (which you should) it's good to understand how things work, eg, getting a police report, surat domisili and of course the SKTT itself. Never pay pungli (extortion/bribes), though this is becoming increasingly rare - in four years here it's never been requested of me. If you're concerned about language, take a local friend. Afterwards, grab a drink or a meal in the warung attached to the Capil. You will receive a lot of friendly, genuine smiles. Keep an open mind, be positive and it will be a good experience ;).

Reactions: Balifrog

Foamcrest

Jun 11, 2016
Mark your comment was so well written and so understanding of the way of Bali and it’s people. I think a few people who contribute to this blog would be better off if they accepted the fact that they are a guest in someone else’s country and should perhaps adopt a similar approach to life as you have indicated in your post.

Balifrog

Dec 30, 2017
Mark your comment was so well written and so understanding of the way of Bali and it’s people. I think a few people who contribute to this blog would be better off if they accepted the fact that they are a guest in someone else’s country and should perhaps adopt a similar approach to life as you have indicated in your post.

Mark's post is indeed spot on and well written.

BTW, in the few government offices I went as well as at Bali immigration I noted that the staff are mainly rather young, very polite and helpfull. Having lived in several countries I can tell you this not often the case.

But I don't agree with your term "guest".

I don't consider myself a guest here, more an immigrant who by his spending contributes to the local economy (in my case as retired person), and avoids being disrespecfull of the local customs.
A guest is taken care of by his host. Of course the guest will behave properly and respect the house rules.
But he doesn't have to fall in love with the host !

Reactions: Foamcrest

Rex

Jun 12, 2021
This is for Denpasar only. Not Tabanan, Badung or Gianyar etc. Also I tried to do it and it was not anywhere near easy.