BaliYogi

Apr 4, 2011
hi everyone:)
Thank you all your great advice!

I am looking to rent a car for a year with a/c. I have previously rented a jimmy for super cheap but am bringing my 2 year old son with me this time thinking he may need a little cool down as we will be staying in non a/c accomidation.

Anyone know where a good place or person to rent from for a good price? We are coming in febuary but just trying to factor everything in our budget:)

thank you in advance for your help!

BaliYogi

Apr 4, 2011
I should also mention I am coming with kitas and an international license,. just to be clear:)

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
And maybe it would help to know your location. Were you happy with the guy who rented the Jimmy? You could go back to him.

BaliYogi

Apr 4, 2011
We will be in ubud. The jimmy was basically falling apart. Would be nice to have something more reliable for the year:)

thank u

balibule

Feb 6, 2009
We rent with Trac. They charge above average but include insurance, repairs, service, replacement car if car is out of service more than 4 hrs ...

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Firstly, don't worry about documents, licenses and all that western shite.

If you have a valid international license then OK but the cops will find something else (if you decide to stop, best not to), in my experience.

I can probably get you a Jimney long term with AC and all the other goodies for around 2.2 to 2.5/month.

PM me your number if interested and I'll put you in touch with my guy based in Sanur.

I've been renting from him for years now - probably should buy my own but just can't be assed - any trouble I just call him and it's sorted, where ever I am on the island.

Don'tcha just love Asia?