Reliable architect/builder

Jakidass

Jan 14, 2018
Just purchased some land in Lovina and need some advice on finding help with the project

chrisco

Nov 28, 2010
Hi,

We bought land in kayuputih some years back and are planning to build in the next year or so. Although weve spoken with architects in bali will probably use a company based in java. Much cheaper and seem just as good.

This approach doesnt seem uncommon for indonesians either.

BTW, did you buy your land in lovina recently and did you spend much time looking for it. From talking with people around lovina seems that land with good views and location is becoming scarce.

Regards

Jakidass

Jan 14, 2018
Hi,

We bought land in kayuputih some years back and are planning to build in the next year or so. Although weve spoken with architects in bali will probably use a company based in java. Much cheaper and seem just as good.

This approach doesnt seem uncommon for indonesians either.

BTW, did you buy your land in lovina recently and did you spend much time looking for it. From talking with people around lovina seems that land with good views and location is becoming scarce.

Regards

Jakidass

Jan 14, 2018
Hi Chrisco.
We looked for around a year or so and found somewhere on the other side of the beach, as it was slightly cheaper.Have thought of the the option of a team from Java doing the work. Ill spend some time doing `the leg work` to make sure it`s right for us. Have contacted 1 or 2 people so far in Bali, however their costs are way above what I feel is acceptable.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
If I ever build again, I would probably try to arrange everything myself, workers, purchasing materials etc. I don't think there is any advantage of getting a builder who arranges everything, unless you are limited by time. Paying builders in stages never seems to work out well. Often people are left with 70% compete and the builder has spent all the money. If you can get a good team from Java, that is a good option. We had a guy from Kupang and he was one of the best workers we ever had.

From talking with people around lovina seems that land with good views and location is becoming scarce.

Really? I have seen people trying to sell land for the past few years, at prices of around 15 million per are.

Jakidass

Jan 14, 2018
If I ever build again, I would probably try to arrange everything myself, workers, purchasing materials etc. I don't think there is any advantage of getting a builder who arranges everything, unless you are limited by time. Paying builders in stages never seems to work out well. Often people are left with 70% compete and the builder has spent all the money. If you can get a good team from Java, that is a good option. We had a guy from Kupang and he was one of the best workers we ever had.

Really? I have seen people trying to sell land for the past few years, at prices of around 15 million per are.

Jakidass

Jan 14, 2018
I think your right.we are in a similar situation. At this stage we are in no rush. We've had some really excellent workers on our house in Jakarta. I will look into it. Are you in N Bali anytime soon. It might be a good idea to bang 'heads'