Registering with the local police

FreoGirl

Dec 21, 2004
Fremantle, Australia
Next time I am at the consulate in Australia I will ask them their opinion. It surprised me that I was required to register but neither they, nor immigration on entry, advised me as such. How would I know to do it?
It was my second landlord that told me I had to register, I had been here for months living in a different rental property and the first landlord didn't mention a thing. Probably did it himself at no cost.
We have always reported our presence to the village kapala, and provided copies of passport and marriage certificate. But I am told that applies to anyone, not just foreigners.

Thanks everyone for your input anyway!

mimpimanis

Nov 4, 2003
Kuta, Lombok
www.mimpimanis.com
The Kepala desa has never asked for copies of passport or our marriage certificate.

I do find it amusing though that I was told I "had to" vote in the elections for kepala desa, so I did. I even got papers through to vote in the general election, though this time I refused!

In UK cause I could not be on the electoral register at my mum's place I am unable to vote!

Claire Quinn

Feb 10, 2005
Legian, Bali
I have only been here for 2 months, but when I first arrived the owner of my house wanted copy of visa and passport along with 20,000 and has just asked me again as my 60 days was up. I am to on a social visa. I just gave it to him and evryone seems happy.

Sanurian

Sep 28, 2004
Sanur
Some owners don't like to go and report anything to the police, even though they're supposed to. (I can imagine why.) The owner of my house is one of those, so I do it myself.

How much depends on who's "on duty", but I've only ever had to pay once per six months...the police in Sanur charge between Rp20-50,000. (I have a SosBud visa). My last one, a couple of weeks ago was Rp30,000.

:lol:

Tracey

Mar 26, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
http://www.mimpimanis.com/

Claire, you can contact Gemma or made through this their site...

As Gemma is busy either getting ready to leave the UK & return back to Lombok (if not already there) she probably wont see this for a few days.... or so, best to conatct them via their site!!!

8) Hope its' Ok to post that Bert!?