EricCikitit

Aug 29, 2011
Hi Guys,

I'm eric, living in Jkt now. Wanting to build a house not for investment but as a 2nd home in Bali. I've read this entire forum couple of times at least, thanks for all the postings, very informative. I get the general idea of it, all the frustrations and bla bla bla. But we are all here more or less for the same reason, NO? Because we love Bali. Will appreciate any sort of constructive and suggestive opinions, ANyway, here are some of my questions;

1) Where can i find a decent plot of 10 are land for 500 jt? With decent views? I would prefer somewhere East with Ocean View or in-and around Ubud with Padi-field view?

2) I've heard and read many "water" issues. What's the solution with these "water" issues? Does dwelling a 50 metre well always solve the issue? or is there a landscape expert that could help me out here?

After securing that piece of land in the 6-12 months, i'm hoping to build it in the near future (2-3years) with the limited budget roughly between 1m-1.5m.

3) How come i don't see enough of modern architecture designed house in Bali? ie Japanese Zen-ish with paper sliding window and doors, opened (non concealed) steel column, big glass windows from ground to the roof,.. u know, like a house from the magazine "Wallpaper"?

That's it for now..

Thanks..

pollyanna

Feb 8, 2010
Ubud, Bali
Hi Guys,

I'm eric, living in Jkt now. Wanting to build a house not for investment but as a 2nd home in Bali. I've read this entire forum couple of times at least, thanks for all the postings, very informative. I get the general idea of it, all the frustrations and bla bla bla. But we are all here more or less for the same reason, NO? Because we love Bali. Will appreciate any sort of constructive and suggestive opinions, ANyway, here are some of my questions;

1) Where can i find a decent plot of 10 are land for 500 jt? With decent views? I would prefer somewhere East with Ocean View or in-and around Ubud with Padi-field view?

2) I've heard and read many "water" issues. What's the solution with these "water" issues? Does dwelling a 50 metre well always solve the issue? or is there a landscape expert that could help me out here?

After securing that piece of land in the 6-12 months, i'm hoping to build it in the near future (2-3years) with the limited budget roughly between 1m-1.5m.

3) How come i don't see enough of modern architecture designed house in Bali? ie Japanese Zen-ish with paper sliding window and doors, opened (non concealed) steel column, big glass windows from ground to the roof,.. u know, like a house from the magazine "Wallpaper"?

That's it for now..

Thanks..

1) We are about 20 minutes from Ubud in an area of ricefields and some good river ravine views but the prices are from 75 - 100juta per are. Perhaps you'll have to go east to get the prices you want.

2) We drilled to 55m and still didn't hit water. We put in a rainwater catchment tank and are totally happy with the system. No worries about contaminated water. Water issues will be more of a problem in the future and capturing your own water is one way to help.

3) There is a legal requirement to build in the Balinese style although the law isn't always followed. The Japanese style of building suits Japan's climate. Large expanses of glass just pull in the heat and glare and don't work as well in Bali as in Japan where it is often useful to pull in as much heat as possible. Good luck with your project!

EricCikitit

Aug 29, 2011

1) We are about 20 minutes from Ubud in an area of ricefields and some good river ravine views but the prices are from 75 - 100juta per are. Perhaps you'll have to go east to get the prices you want.

2) We drilled to 55m and still didn't hit water. We put in a rainwater catchment tank and are totally happy with the system. No worries about contaminated water. Water issues will be more of a problem in the future and capturing your own water is one way to help.

3) There is a legal requirement to build in the Balinese style although the law isn't always followed. The Japanese style of building suits Japan's climate. Large expanses of glass just pull in the heat and glare and don't work as well in Bali as in Japan where it is often useful to pull in as much heat as possible. Good luck with your project!

Thanks anna. That helps.

Populaire

Jun 22, 2011
Bali
www.populaire.com
Hi Eric,

On the land options you'd be best to have someone on the ground in Ubud doing the leg work for you. Give them your criteria and let them run around for you and filter qualified parcels of land for you to view on your next visit to Ubud.

Unfortunately, a well doesn't guarantee water. Each piece of land is different - a local surveyor will be able to tell you the probability of hitting a water supply with a well and a good installer will tie his payment to the guarantee of not only tapping a water supply, but also tapping one that provides a certain number of cubic meters of water per hour. Ensure this is written into your agreement to avoid well installers collecting up front fees for installations that they know won't produce a decent supply.

Regarding modern architecture - there is plenty in Bali. Some is terrible, some is superb. We are builders and architects, and almost all of our builds from Sanur, to Canggu, to Brawa, Kampial, Goa Gong, Jimbaran and Padang-Padang are Tropical Modern in style.

Google Populaire Builders & Architects or Populaire Residences and visit us online. We also have an office in Jl. Raya Ubud where many of our modern designs are viewable.

All the best..

Populaire

EricCikitit

Aug 29, 2011
Hi Eric,

On the land options you'd be best to have someone on the ground in Ubud doing the leg work for you. Give them your criteria and let them run around for you and filter qualified parcels of land for you to view on your next visit to Ubud.

Unfortunately, a well doesn't guarantee water. Each piece of land is different - a local surveyor will be able to tell you the probability of hitting a water supply with a well and a good installer will tie his payment to the guarantee of not only tapping a water supply, but also tapping one that provides a certain number of cubic meters of water per hour. Ensure this is written into your agreement to avoid well installers collecting up front fees for installations that they know won't produce a decent supply.

Regarding modern architecture - there is plenty in Bali. Some is terrible, some is superb. We are builders and architects, and almost all of our builds from Sanur, to Canggu, to Brawa, Kampial, Goa Gong, Jimbaran and Padang-Padang are Tropical Modern in style.

Google Populaire Builders & Architects or Populaire Residences and visit us online. We also have an office in Jl. Raya Ubud where many of our modern designs are viewable.

All the best..

Populaire

Thanks!.. Speak soon.

scout

Jun 25, 2010
Ubud
Land purchase/lease

Hi Eric,

I have a business partner who has many small parcels of land (including ownership certificates) in his portfolio, Ubud and east of there in Pejeng, Andong etc etc.
If you interested in any infomation, photos etc, send me your email address and I will get back to you.

EricCikitit

Aug 29, 2011
Hi Eric,

I have a business partner who has many small parcels of land (including ownership certificates) in his portfolio, Ubud and east of there in Pejeng, Andong etc etc.
If you interested in any infomation, photos etc, send me your email address and I will get back to you.

Hi. Thanks. Yes please send me infos n photos to ericyoahan at yahoo dot com

CRAIGL

Sep 2, 2011
land for building in Ubud area

I would also be interested in receiving information on land available for building, small parcel around the 1/2 to 1 acre

Thanks

scout

Jun 25, 2010
Ubud
Land in ubud

I would also be interested in receiving information on land available for building, small parcel around the 1/2 to 1 acre

Thanks

Hi Craig, It is practically impossible to get land parcels that small!! can you send me your email address please. :icon_biggrin:

balibule

Feb 6, 2009
Hi Scout

I think you are confusing acres with ares. There's plenty of 1/2 and 1 acre size pieces of land in Bali I would say.

scout

Jun 25, 2010
Ubud
Acre to Are

Thanks for that, and yes I was, been here to long!!!! and the loss of glasses probably didnt help!!:icon_wink:

CRAIGL

Sep 2, 2011
Hi Scout.
Sorry yes I was talking acres not ares ( thats the aussie in me :icon_biggrin: )
I have not posted enough here to PM yet, I you would like to PM you Email to me I can then send you mine.
Thanks

julias.andre

Jul 28, 2011
Denpasar Bali
Hi Guys,

That's it for now..

Thanks..

Hi Eric, try to check Deling Bali Investment they has beautiful land&properties listings and able to give you an advise about buying land and building.