KCOJ

May 1, 2015
I’m interested in meeting and talking with investors here in Bali who have an interest in developing and trading quantitative and systematic investment strategies.

Just to be clear I’m not looking to start an investment club or raise new money … nothing formal at all … just a chance to meet over coffee or a few beers and discuss ideas with like-minded individuals.

By way of background I’ve been involved with trading exchange-listed derivatives for the last 20 years or so, most recently running an asset management firm in Hong Kong. Moved to Bali a couple of months back but still actively involved in system development and trading. It’s a passion of mine and I always enjoy meeting with people who have a similar mind-set … most likely trading their own money as I’m assuming there’s not a big hedge fund community here in Bali :icon_wink:

Doesn’t bother me whether you trade stocks, futures, options or currencies, so long as your approach is quantitative and rules-based as opposed to discretionary investing. Simply looking to discuss and share ideas with people who have a similar interest and enjoy meeting face-to-face rather than via investing forums on the web.

Feel free to pm if you’d prefer.

KCOJ

May 1, 2015
I'd guess you'd be better off trading hangover remedies or STDs here mate, but good luck.

Judging by the dearth of replies you may well be right … do you know of any Exchanges that can facilitate trading in these exotic instruments?

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Judging by the dearth of replies you may well be right … do you know of any Exchanges that can facilitate trading in these exotic instruments?

If by "exchanges" you mean something formal like the Dow or a Securities Exchange - the answer is a resounding "no". If you mean "exchanges" as in exchange of ideas as you hinted at in your OP the answer is another resounding "no" but with chance of change.

I'm assuming that you just want to sit down over beers the boys or Chardonnays with a few Yuppies, then I can only suggest you open a FarceBook Bali page with your passion and then work from there.

Or switch to hangover remedies and STDs which IMHO have a lot more scope on Bali. Most people that live here aint interested in money anymore but definitely gravitate more towards beer and pussy.

Good luck

KCOJ

May 1, 2015
If by "exchanges" you mean something formal like the Dow or a Securities Exchange

Sorry Mark I was talking in jest when I said “do you know of any Exchanges that can facilitate trading in these exotic instruments” I was referring to trading your suggested hangover remedies and STDs

Most people that live here aint interested in money anymore but definitely gravitate more towards beer and pussy.

Hmmm, maybe … and I realise my OP is not going to attract wide attention, but I’m still betting that there are a few souls lurking in Bali that have an interest in this sort of thing …. we’ll see. Meanwhile tonight’s Friday … B&P night :icon_wink:

Steve Rossell

Apr 18, 2015
Futures trading in hangovers and STD's, now there's a concept. Chaos theorem at work. I always wanted to be a 'quant'.

SHoggard

Nov 28, 2011
Singapore
Theory of Unintended Consequences... if you fart in Bali .... does a butterfly die in the Brazilian jungle? I wonder.... keeps me awake at nights