property above Lovina

mosaic

Oct 5, 2003
Does anybody live in or around Lovina ,Singaraja.. if so can they give me there opinion on the community.. Is it anice area of Bali , full of tourists in the high season, are most ammenities available etc thank you.

Bert Vierstra

Nov 5, 2002
Homeless
Hi I live there..

I like it... better and more quiet then the south. Good hamburgers you buy in Denpasar though.

There are tourist here, but its slower then usual.

There is a sort of small expatriate community here.

mosaic

Oct 5, 2003
lovina

My dad is going there to finalize our land purchase in december. i am really excited about life in bali. I have a framed picture of our property on my wall and wake up every morning to its beauty. I am a young mid twenty entrepreneur who has dreamed of moving to a tropical paradise since I was a young kid.. My time spent in Bali was some of the most memorable of my life,and I am anxious to make it my home for a t least half of each yr. i currently live on the west coast of Canada, although it is a very beautiful part of the world with exellent medical care , education it is damn expensive. I was doing research on the web the other day and I came across a site that was linked to this one which specialized in building villas . I e mailed the dutch owner and he said I could have a nice size villa and a pool for maybe 50-60 k american. If you were going to build on a large piece of hillside property would you hire a company like this or attempt to organize the construction yourself with the help of general contractor, architect etc.. thank you

mimpimanis

Nov 4, 2003
Kuta, Lombok
www.mimpimanis.com
Hi Mosaic
I went out and found my own local builders. Our house cost about 50million to build. Bungalow 10mx14m. (No pool though :( ) That was house only not including the perimeter walls, retaining walls on different levels of land or the additional building since.

You can have a look on my webshots page http://community.webshots.com/user/losmenmimpimanis

The 5mil refers to the "our house" pic. I did not really keep a track of the cost of the other buildings as they have all been done in stages.

irma1812

Jan 27, 2004
UK
Lovina

Hi,

As I'm new here please let me introduce myself. I'm Indonesian and have lived in the NW of England for 18 years and married to an English man.

This is mainly aimed at Bert as we're thinking of either buying or leasing a hotel in Bali in the next few months. There is one available in Lovina which I quite fancy, and seeing you live there & know the area well, I would appreciate some advice:
1. Would it be a wise move to do this under current political climate?
2. Is Lovina (Antura?) a good spot for a hotel?
3. It's by the beach, but what is the beach like there?

Thanks for your help.