Problems/questions/requests

balipod-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 12, 2010
If you see any problems with the forum and would like ask or request something you post it here.

If there is an issue with logging on or something you can send a message here: https://balipod.com/forum/misc/contact

Please add an avatar to your profile. Hover over your username in the top left corner and in the first column towards the bottom you will see the link to change your avatar.

One thing that is not so obvious is if you want to add an image to a post and would like to upload it from your computer, you need to select "Upload a File". If you know the URL of the picture, you can click on the image icon in the editor.

balipod-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 12, 2010
Why always changing something which worked perfectly?

It is a good question. Unfortunately things were not working well. Like any software you use you need to keep upgrading to the latest version. The latest version (V5) of Vbulletin which the site was running on, apparently has a lot of problems. We were using V4, which the company pretty had much stopped developing except for some security fixes.

There are many options available and I liked the look of Xenforo. You just have to look at the forums of the company and there are many happy customers and the support is good. Mobile is everything now and the site works well on a range of devices without having to modify anything. Vbulletin for example had a separate template for mobile and it wasn't the greatest.

For me the interface looks cleaner. I hope it will bring new people to the site and build more engagement.

You can read more about what happened with Vbulletin here if you are interested: https://imtips.co/gave-up-on-vbulletin.html

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Thanks for that Admin..
.I really don't have a clue what you are talking about, as I have little knowledge of IT systems.... but I like what I see and understand that we must progress.
Hopefully, other members will have the same idea and progress.

balibule

Feb 6, 2009
I think the new layout is fantastic and a huge improvement over what it was previously. It definitely is more mobile friendly which was an issue with the previous setup.

Reactions: Markit

balibule

Feb 6, 2009
The Divi logo still shows in your header on the home page (Divi > Theme Options > General Options).

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I think we aught to consider the other regular members of the forum being able to choose each others avatars. First anyone that wanted could offer a avatar anonymously and then we had 4 or 5 together for each victim the rest could vote on it, also anonymously.

I'm sure it wouldn't cause any problems or bad feelings (heeeehaaaateeeh).

Just a thought...

Josh

Apr 7, 2010
Sanur
From my point of view the new forum software is a big improvement. The mobile version works great on my Samsung Note 5. Of course there is always room for improvement but we should give our admin some time to work out things. Of course the logo on the mobile landing page is not the correct one and also the menu on the mobile landing page needs some improvement for better readability but things take time. I like the new version. Cool modern look, a lot of features and the most important for me, a working mobile layout. Great job.

Steve Rossell

Apr 18, 2015
I think we aught to consider the other regular members of the forum being able to choose each others avatars. First anyone that wanted could offer a avatar anonymously and then we had 4 or 5 together for each victim the rest could vote on it, also anonymously.

I'm sure it wouldn't cause any problems or bad feelings (heeeehaaaateeeh).

Just a thought...

That'd be fun. :)

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
@admin - Just tried to search all forums for the terms 'tax amnesty'. We had a very robust discussion of this subject some time ago, but the search results returned nothing. What's the problem?

harryopal

May 5, 2016
It would be useful to have the most recent items listing posted on the right hand side after opening an item. At the moment if we open a listing we have to go back to Forum listing and the opening page to see what is listed. Most forum still display the listing even when you have opened a new page.
I hope I make myself clear and I hope I don't seem unappreciative of the work put into making this very useful and most helpful forum.

balipod-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 12, 2010
It would be useful to have the most recent items listing posted on the right hand side after opening an item. At the moment if we open a listing we have to go back to Forum listing and the opening page to see what is listed. Most forum still display the listing even when you have opened a new page.
I hope I make myself clear and I hope I don't seem unappreciative of the work put into making this very useful and most helpful forum.

I think I know what you mean, but if you have something I can look at, that would make it easier to try and implement. You can post it here or send me a message.

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
@harryopal, if you are logged in, you only need to click on "New Posts" at the top of the page. After you have read each post, you can return to the top of the page (click on the "up" arrow to scroll up quickly) and click on "New Posts" again. This will only show you any unread posts each time.

upload_2018-1-15_22-31-20.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-15_22-29-36.png
    upload_2018-1-15_22-29-36.png
    136.4 KB · Views: 1