Villas of Bali ™ is the trusted real estate company that offers the most beautiful villas for sale on Bali. Visit our experienced and helpful staff in our office in Seminyak, or search the extensive villa listing online at www.balivillasales.com, providing the most exclusive properties for sale. Villas of Bali ™ stands for quality, integrity and trust. We help you save time and money, while providing you peace of mind of your property related needs. Send us an email to info@villasofbali.com, or call us at +62 878 6249 3526.

1. Welcome Guest to the new look Balipod. If you are an existing member, just sign up with your usual username/password. Any problems you can post them here
    Dismiss Notice

Problems/questions/requests

Discussion in 'Bali Expat Forum' started by admin, Feb 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. admin

admin Administrator
    Staff Member

If you see any problems with the forum and would like ask or request something you post it here.

If there is an issue with logging on or something you can send a message here: https://balipod.com/forum/misc/contact

Please add an avatar to your profile. Hover over your username in the top left corner and in the first column towards the bottom you will see the link to change your avatar.

One thing that is not so obvious is if you want to add an image to a post and would like to upload it from your computer, you need to select "Upload a File". If you know the URL of the picture, you can click on the image icon in the editor.

2. hadodi

hadodi Member

Why always changing something which worked perfectly?

3. Markit

Markit Active Member

I love the new U.

4. admin

admin Administrator
    Staff Member

It is a good question. Unfortunately things were not working well. Like any software you use you need to keep upgrading to the latest version. The latest version (V5) of Vbulletin which the site was running on, apparently has a lot of problems. We were using V4, which the company pretty had much stopped developing except for some security fixes.

There are many options available and I liked the look of Xenforo. You just have to look at the forums of the company and there are many happy customers and the support is good. Mobile is everything now and the site works well on a range of devices without having to modify anything. Vbulletin for example had a separate template for mobile and it wasn't the greatest.

For me the interface looks cleaner. I hope it will bring new people to the site and build more engagement.

You can read more about what happened with Vbulletin here if you are interested: https://imtips.co/gave-up-on-vbulletin.html

5. davita

davita Active Member

Thanks for that Admin..
    .I really don't have a clue what you are talking about, as I have little knowledge of IT systems.... but I like what I see and understand that we must progress.
    Hopefully, other members will have the same idea and progress.

6. balibule

balibule Active Member

I think the new layout is fantastic and a huge improvement over what it was previously. It definitely is more mobile friendly which was an issue with the previous setup.

Markit likes this.
  7. admin

admin Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks, that is good to hear.

8. balibule

balibule Active Member

The Divi logo still shows in your header on the home page (Divi > Theme Options > General Options).

9. Markit

Markit Active Member

I think we aught to consider the other regular members of the forum being able to choose each others avatars. First anyone that wanted could offer a avatar anonymously and then we had 4 or 5 together for each victim the rest could vote on it, also anonymously.

I'm sure it wouldn't cause any problems or bad feelings (heeeehaaaateeeh).

Just a thought...

Steve Rossell, admin and geedee like this.
  10. Josh

Josh New Member

From my point of view the new forum software is a big improvement. The mobile version works great on my Samsung Note 5. Of course there is always room for improvement but we should give our admin some time to work out things. Of course the logo on the mobile landing page is not the correct one and also the menu on the mobile landing page needs some improvement for better readability but things take time. I like the new version. Cool modern look, a lot of features and the most important for me, a working mobile layout. Great job.

11. BestofBali

BestofBali Member

I'm a big fan of the new system/layout. Great work :)

admin likes this.
  12. Steve Rossell

Steve Rossell Member

That'd be fun. :)

13. Markit

Markit Active Member

Let the fun begin:

Attached Files:

Steve Rossell likes this.
  14. Steve Rossell

Steve Rossell Member

:cool: