Problem with Forum

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Is anyone else having occasional problems accessing the forum?

I'm getting blocked when I try to enter and sometimes when I answer a post, which is annoying since the answer usually goes flying into the ether.

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali

I'm getting blocked when I try to enter and sometimes when I answer a post, which is annoying since the answer usually goes flying into the ether.
I did have a problem accessing a few days ago, but hasn't happened again since. Maybe admin is doing an update or something similar.

Reactions: Markit

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
I had to manually take it off the list on my anti-virus and then a few days later it blocked my VPN. That was maybe a week ago.

Tezza71

Oct 31, 2018
Yep I did have a problem getting access a few days ago much the same as Matsaleh but it hasn't happened again so I thought maybe it was just one of those unexplained glitches.

SquarePeg

Jan 29, 2012
Sanur

It's just you ;). *Edit - I just went to post this, and got an error - doh. I refreshed the browser page and could then post.

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
Occasional trouble making posts. For example, I cannot post in the thread "First time Purchase property in Bali - leasehold - pheweeee!" I keep getting the message "Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console." This error message appears regardless of the browser I am using to access the site. Please anonymous owner, fix this problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: britoo

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Occasional trouble making posts. For example, I cannot post in the thread "First time Purchase property in Bali - leasehold - pheweeee!" I keep getting the message "Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console." This error message appears regardless of the browser I am using to access the site. Please anonymous owner, fix this problem.
That's what I've been getting too. Not often but often enough to lose a half page rant that was very close to my cold, stone-like heart.

britoo

Sep 11, 2018
ADMIN, ADMIN, ADMIN, ADMIN IS ANYONE THERE????
Sorry admin,

not trying to be a monkey on your back, I am sure this is frustrating for you.

I have abandoned over 3 of my own exceedingly boring and tiresome long essays over the past week. Post simply generates an error.

It's jolly frustrating! I could have been drinking bintang instead . . . if only I could multi-task :).

Seems you have some SSL/certificate issues bunging up the system that need to be resolved... preferably as soon as poss.

all the best

OrangeDragon

Feb 5, 2019
I just this morning made a post in the Magic of Bali section... But when you click to view it it's taking you to another thread (Australian petition thread). May be out of order here... But I've sort of done this kinda thing for a living for the last 20 years (software dev/cloud engineer/even foolishly started an expat forum once), and would be happy to donate a little time if you're in need of assistance.

• Love

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I just this morning made a post in the Magic of Bali section... But when you click to view it it's taking you to another thread (Australian petition thread). May be out of order here... But I've sort of done this kinda thing for a living for the last 20 years (software dev/cloud engineer/even foolishly started an expat forum once), and would be happy to donate a little time if you're in need of assistance.
It was because you had a "2" in the URL which mucks up the URL rewrite.

harryopal

May 5, 2016
It was because you had a "2" in the URL which mucks up the URL rewrite.
I was curious to see what OrangeDragon had to say with the post, "....in love" but when I click on it the thread only goes to to January 21 and not to the post requested. Unless there is some response from Admin addressing these recent concerns there is a danger that people will give up on Balipod. That would be a great pity it has been a most useful resource for information.
====
When I first tried to post the above it would not process. Then found could not open Balipod. Not sure if this will work this time or not. Still the same problem with the OrangeDragon post as described above.
And again will not process.

AuroraB

Dec 17, 2021
Possible workaround.

OrangeDragon

Feb 5, 2019
Tha is for sorting it. I kind of suspected it was something with the # in the url.... Thanks to whoever sorted it out. As above, willing to freely fix that code if so desired....