Printer advice

Sep 19, 2021
I am trying to start a small business printing designs on mugs and T-shirts. I have bought the presses but i need some advice on buying a suitable printer. People keep telling me the Epson D68 and D88 are the only affordable options but i really don't like Epson as i have had two and they were both useless. I use printers picks a Canon ip3000 for my normal printing, can i use this or do i have to buy a new one? Any advice on printers/inks will be appreciated.

Last edited:

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Sorry but doesn't it seem strange to anyone else when someone rocks up with a new business idea and then promptly asks how to do it?

Kind of like a beer brewer wanting to know how to brew beer...

Bali is getting stranger every fecking day!

• Haha
Reactions: Balifrog

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
I am trying to start a small business printing designs on mugs and T-shirts. I have bought the presses but i need some advice on buying a suitable printer. People keep telling me the Epson D68 and D88 are the only affordable options but i really don't like Epson as i have had two and they were both useless. I use a Canon ip3000 for my normal printing, can i use this or do i have to buy a new one? Any advice on printers/inks will be appreciated.
Don't be let down by your first reply. Hopefully there are people viewing your quest that can help.

Metter

Oct 8, 2017
Sanur Kauh
I am trying to start a small business printing designs on mugs and T-shirts. I have bought the presses but i need some advice on buying a suitable printer. People keep telling me the Epson D68 and D88 are the only affordable options but i really don't like Epson as i have had two and they were both useless. I use a Canon ip3000 for my normal printing, can i use this or do i have to buy a new one? Any advice on printers/inks will be appreciated.

What do you need to print on?

The printers you mention are inkjet, will they transfer ok to mugs? Is there come kind of process to allow them to be washed? what dpi do you need?

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
What do you need to print on?

The printers you mention are inkjet, will they transfer ok to mugs? Is there come kind of process to allow them to be washed? what dpi do you need?

You guys crack me up. I just wonder if the OP had been called BillfromSidney if you'd have been so forthcoming?

Did you read the OP? Said mugs and tshirts haha! Why do you need a press if you're using an inkjet printer?

Metter

Oct 8, 2017
Sanur Kauh
You guys crack me up. I just wonder if the OP had been called BillfromSidney if you'd have been so forthcoming?

Did you read the OP? Said mugs and tshirts haha! Why do you need a press if you're using an inkjet printer?

Markit,

You can buy transfer material that is then pressed on t-shirts. Hence my questions - you don't print directly on mugs or T-shirts.

Sorry you disapprove of people trying to be helpful. I will try to be a sarcastic miserable git in future

• Haha
Reactions: Mark and Fred2

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
My only thought reading your thread OP, was wouldn't you just pay some company to do it for you? Surely that type of stuff is cheap here? Seems like a lot of messing around for a service easily outsourced.

Reactions: Balifrog