price of living in bali

mosaic

Oct 5, 2003
My father and I have purchased some property in the mountains or hills behind lovina beach. I am considering a move to Bali in the next yr can aperson live a life of luxury on a couple of thousand dollars americann a month. What is the business climate like in northern bali is it condusive to foreign investment thank you.

Bert Vierstra

Nov 5, 2002
Homeless
A couple thousand dollars a month?

Sure no problem.... Buy a big fridge and go shopping for western food
in Denpasar sometimes... Basic daily needs in Singaraja...

There is plenty of opportunity to do something usefull with your money in the north. Everybody is aware of the difficulties Bali is going through due to some "problems", but still many foreigners want to live here.

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
Living like a Raja

This is good! A monthly budget of RP 17 million. Let’s see how we can spend it, assuming the dwelling is paid for:

Monthly RP budget: 17 million, or about US 2,000

1) Three sinuous and young lovely pembantus: 300K each….900K total
(I’m thinking one for dad and two for you)

2) Five bottles of good vodka a 130K each….650K total

3) Daily food (at home), enough to gorge on and wish you had added on that vomitorium, 50K a day ….1,500,000

4) Electric….50K a month, keeping all light on all night

5) Water, (this depends on well or city) but surely no more than another 50 K, unless you and your penbantus bathe together more than three times a day.

6) Bribes, police, cranky neighbors, things like like…..100K

7) Necessities…you know, soap, toilet paper, clothes, clean underwear, toothpaste, etc., etc. about another 300K…buying only the best.

8) Wine. Mahal here. At 130K a bottle, say one a day, ….3.9million

OK, where are we now? Hell, we’re only at 7.450 million, or less that one thousand bucks. Shall we just double? Six pembantus?

Or, as Bert suggested, the extra might be used for local projects, ideas, fun helping others, medical supplies, and otherwise making your presence in Bali as enjoyable for your Balinese hosts as it is for you.

Good luck with your move.

mosaic

Oct 5, 2003
price of living

Thank you roy . Obviously a life of joy and luxury can be had for 2k american or less. How long have you lived in Bali for? what is your monthly budget.

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
You and Your Dad Will Do Well

This is especially true, given your budget, in the Lovina area where prices in general are less than in Ubud or in South Bali. I've been here as a resident for five years. My monthly budget? I honestly don't know, but it's a whole lot less than it was in NYC :D

Bert lives up your way, as does "Ringo" and of course Gloria. They all can give you excellent tips as to where to shop, good places to eat out, etc. etc. Bust most importantly they can provide important information on how to integrate with your local village and banjar, and what's expected from you to keep and maintain a harmonious life.

Good luck on your move.

mosaic

Oct 5, 2003
bali budget

thanks again roy you are ecedeingly helpful.. I understand that moving to a new country you must respect the culture of their people.. I will definetely ask others about maintaining ahormonious, and civil existence with others the last thing I would want is to offend locall people or come across as aself serving ulturistic north american . thanks again