President Jokowi flies economy

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Recent news waxes lyrically about Indonesias newly installed President flying economy class to Singapore.

This reminds me, years ago, I was operating a flight London to Bahrain. We were forced to land in Damascus as the Syrians said we overflew without permission. Everything was sorted out when an economy seated passenger lent us lots of US$ to pay a fine.
This passenger was offered a free upgrade to first class for his help but he refused...he said..."The younger, prettier and more vulnerable Flight Attendants are in economy...those in 1st class are getting old!"

Maybe Jokowi is smarter than we previously thought!:icon_e_biggrin:

Rangi

May 23, 2011
Legian
Nobody-cares-spongebob.jpg

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Then why is a third of page 8 of today's Jakpost 'issue of the day', including 12 reply letters, devoted to this topic?
btw the little cartoon in post #2 refers to homosexuals...are you an activist, advocate or what?

Last edited:

davita

Mar 13, 2012
:eagerness:
How do you go about begging money from you passengers? Pass the hat?
Actually Markit....you are correct.
When we established what the situation was about we made a PA announcement "If any passenger has substantial US$ cash and wishes to help..please let yourself be known to a crew member"
A little London Jewish fellow came to the flight deck with a roll of US$ tied with a rubber band...he threw it down. My Captain said he'd count and sign a receipt but the fella replied "Later...let's get the f**ck outta here.":eagerness: