Bali Villa Sales

Villas of Bali ™ is the trusted real estate company that offers the most beautiful villas for sale on Bali. Visit our experienced and helpful staff in our office in Seminyak, or search the extensive villa listing online at www.balivillasales.com, providing the most exclusive properties for sale. Villas of Bali ™ stands for quality, integrity and trust. We help you save time and money, while providing you peace of mind of your property related needs. Send us an email to info@villasofbali.com, or call us at +62 878 6249 3526.

1. Welcome Guest to the new look Balipod. If you are an existing member, just sign up with your usual username/password. Any problems you can post them here
    Dismiss Notice

President gives away land certificates

Discussion in 'Bali News - Indonesia News' started by spicyayam, Aug 5, 2017.

1. spicyayam

spicyayam Well-Known Member

Kind of wondering what this was all about.

http://seminyaktimes.com/president-joko-widodo-give-away-5903-land-certificates-bali/

2. Mark

Mark Active Member

There is quite a bit of land in Bali without proper ownership certificates, even though everyone in the local community usually agrees who owns what. To get a certificate, the purported owner needs to file a legal case, make an official survey and deal with any objections from other claimants (typically family members or neighbors). It's a costly and time consuming process so it is not often done unless the 'owner' would like to sell or develop the land. I imagine that the Bali government is trying to streamline the process so that all land can eventually have certificates which would not only create certainty of ownership, but would also allow for the collection of property tax on the heretofore non-certified land.

3. mugwump

mugwump Member

Did the president visit Kubu to lay the first stone for the new airport? Gee whiz I have been looking forward to that. Must sign off now to read my new Mickey Mouse comic book.