balinews

Feb 14, 2010
BALI police have seized a shipment of hallucinogenic drugs, concealed in a Vittoria Coffee bag, mailed from Australia.

Denpasar Customs and Excise Office head Mohamad Saptari said 0.42 grams of N,N-Dimethyltryptamine, or DMT, was discovered on September 4 last year.
The yellow crystals were hidden in the coffee bag and packed in a box wrapped in black tape.

The sender wrote on the Customs Declaration Form that the package contained “Coffe (sic)” with a value of $10.

“The drug sent from Australia was hidden inside a pack of coffee,” Saptari said in a press conference this week. “There is no address of the destination where the package should be sent.”

Saptari said people charged with possession of DMT face a maximum 10-year prison sentence and Rp 5 billion fine.

Bali Police investigator Joni Lay said officials are working to find the intended recipient of the drugs.

“We have carried out a joint investigation to find the owner of the package, but failed. Until now, no one has come to take the package,” Lay said.

There have been no arrests.

Bali police thwart drug smuggling attempt

hecta

Sep 22, 2013
Hi, speaking of "parcel containing drugs" would I get into Denpasar with a cask of wine in my luggage?:icon_wink:

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I see this again and again but usually ignore it as a mistake, but now I wonder: ".42 grams" is 4 tenths of a gram or an amount you could lose under your fingernail...

SHoggard

Nov 28, 2011
Singapore
So let me understand..... this bag of dope was just hidden in a coffee jar, put in a package and mailed " to Bali" with no recipient or address!!!

<<“There is no address of the destination where the package should be sent.”>>

P

paulseawind

So let me understand..... this bag of dope was just hidden in a coffee jar, put in a package and mailed " to Bali" with no recipient or address!!!

<<“There is no address of the destination where the package should be sent.”>>

Under those circumstances there will be a 'recipient' looking for the parcel to pluck it out of the system. Think like a Brad Pitt movie maker. Something along those lines.
That's what the cops will be thinking.
And so they should.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I heard that this Vittoria organic coffee, produced in Australia, is all sold out....cannot buy it anywhere...:icon_e_surprised:

P

paulseawind

I heard that this Vittoria organic coffee, produced in Australia, is all sold out....cannot buy it anywhere...:icon_e_surprised:

You want some?
I thought you are a refined tea drinker, just like myself.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
You want some?
I thought you are a refined tea drinker, just like myself.

I am drinking tea/wine because my parcel of organic coffee from Australia didn't arrive yet....:grumpy:
Must have messed-up my address...:icon_rolleyes:

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Hi, speaking of "parcel containing drugs" would I get into Denpasar with a cask of wine in my luggage?:icon_wink:

Just don't call it alcohol....give it the correct Australian title....PLONK!

P

paulseawind

I am drinking tea/wine because my parcel of organic coffee from Australia didn't arrive yet....:grumpy:
Must have messed-up my address...:icon_rolleyes:

Yes, Captain.
I will try harder next time to make good my efforts.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Yes, Captain.
I will try harder next time to make good my efforts.

Cannot be your fault PSW....you can spell coffee and probably aware that it only costs AUD7.50 for a bag.
It isn't any wonder this coffee is popular. Who would have believed a company can lace their coffee with drugs and still sell for A$7.50...:icon_e_biggrin:

I've been naive...now I 'get' the meaning of 'organic'...:icon_idea:

Last edited:
P

paulseawind

Cannot be your fault PSW....you can spell coffee and probably aware that it only costs AUD7.50 for a bag.

If I can, I will get you one and leave it somewhere you can get it from, such as a hotel lobby or whatever, on the west side. Because I blow thru the south like a rocket and do not stop. When I get back to Bali I just want to get home and that's around 3 hours ride.

But, don't expect it because I am not sure yet if it is available. I will ask my wife to get me one.
If she can't get it, then, sorrow, Zorro.

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
Is it me or what? First, we're talking about 0.42 g, or for the English speaking crowd, 0.0148 ounce. Second, maybe the cops should pay a visit to the addressee: his/her name and address must be on the package, as it usually is...

Last edited:

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Not sold out. Can buy easily. Also can buy in capsules for coffee machine.

I meant the organic ones with the 'special' ingredients:icon_rolleyes: that are being shipped anonymously to Bali...not the ordinary crap......:icon_wink::icon_wink:

davita

Mar 13, 2012
In the States they drink buzz-buzz coffee in the morning but I believe they only lace it with some liqueur. I now read this DMT takes getting buzzed to a new level....go Ozzzies!

They should give it a name ....how's aboot ozz-ozz coffee?...:cupcake:

Last edited:
P

paulseawind

I meant the organic ones with the 'special' ingredients:icon_rolleyes: that are being shipped anonymously to Bali...not the ordinary crap......:icon_wink::icon_wink:

Cancel my offer of shipment.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Just saw an interview with Maria Sharapova after she won her match at the Australian Tennis open.
She was very enthusiastic about Australian 'coffe' saying it's the best in the world.....I guess she must have managed to get some of that Vittoria organic with the 'special ingredients'.:icon_wink:

P

paulseawind

Just saw an interview with Maria Sharapova after she won her match at the Australian Tennis open.
She was very enthusiastic about Australian 'coffe' saying it's the best in the world.....I guess she must have managed to get some of that Vittoria organic with the 'special ingredients'.:icon_wink:

In the meantime, Mariah Carey and James Packer are engaged just now.
Forget coffee.
Think celebrity status.

Sharapova would probably love to have a lemon tea with me at my Villa!
Honey is more nice than sugar in that.