Police killer released from jail

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Remember this case? I wonder how much longer before the book launch.

Australian woman Sara Connor has arrived home after serving almost four years in a Bali prison over the death of a local police officer.

Connor landed at Byron airport last night wearing a face mask and boarded a bus under police guard.

The Byron Bay local was given an early release from her five year sentence last week.

She was discharged from Kerobokan prison and into the custody of Indonesian immigration before boarding a plane to Australia.

The 49-year-old has been held at the Denpasar prison since the body of local Balinese police officer Wayan Sudarsa was found bloodied and battered on Kuta Beach in August 2016.

During her highly publicised trial, Connor maintained she had no part in Mr Sudarsa's death.

She said she was attempting to separate her British boyfriend David Taylor from the officer after the two men became involved in a late-night confrontation over her missing handbag.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/sara-connor-arrives-australia-after-four-years-in-bali-jail/

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
Wow yeah I do remember that! Well you brought it back to my memory. A few people slipping out of jail pretty early/easy since the pandemic, Cocaine Cassie comes to mind also.

Wonder if they'll hit her with the 3k hotel quaretene bill or it'll get written off as some type of political thing. Getting from Bali back to east coast Australia isn't impossible but going to be very expensive with some creative routing involved.

Also the article is 404 error, taken down or you posted wrong link I'm not sure?