PMA or Nominee

Ezza

Feb 8, 2017
Hi everyone,
We are looking at buying land in Lombok. Has anyone recently set up Pt nominee company or a PMA company?
Have you used nominees that you know? Or gone through a company that supplies a professional Director and Comissioner for a yearly fee?
Otherwise for a PMA company has anyone achieved the investment of 10billion IRP? Does the government actually check this
Thanks for your help

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
nominee is technically illegal,
(3/15/2015)

The Minister of Agrarian Affairs who is also the head of the National Land Agency (BPN), Ferry Mursyidan Baldan, told Kompas.com that his office will soon survey and inventorying land “owned” by foreigners in Indonesia.

“It is absolutely not allowed for foreigner to own a single inch of land in Indonesia. This is as stipulated by the National Constitution,” said Ferryafter attending the re-launch of a magazine on zoning in Bandung on Sunday, March 8, 2014.

The Minister’s comments were also reported by the State News Agency Antara.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
How about Hak Pakai? That seems strongest for foreigners. I don't think it is easy to set up a PMA just to buy property.

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
A PMA cannot own Hak Milik property.

True and not true, you can change it into HGB and always back into Hak Milik, piece of cake (just costs money :O)

Seriously I would (with CHEAP LAND at least) find somebody, like a nice indonesian, and would tell him / her that I want to buy land for him / her.
But before I'd give her the Certificate I would need her to lease (and sign of course) the land to me for let's say 100 years (4 x 25)...

Even better if she is a friend or more ;)

Reactions: spicyayam

davita

Mar 13, 2012
True and not true, you can change it into HGB and always back into Hak Milik, piece of cake (just costs money :O)

Of course......but any individual can do that. No need for a PT/PMA. Hak Milik can also be converted to Hak Pakai if land already has property built.
It does cost money......I suggest check how much to see if viable.

Re: Ezza....you will need a notary to set up a PT/PMA...I suggest you ask them as the legality of such may be beyond the scope of members here to give an accurate answer.

Reactions: admin

Ezza

Feb 8, 2017
Ok thanks everyone. I have been in contact with companies such as Emerhub and Okusi Associates and they both inform the safest way to buy land is through starting one of these companies. We are also hoping to start a small business as well so we would need one of them set up anyway.
I understand we wont "technically" own the land. Has anyone personally been through this process?
Thanks

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Those companies are right, it really depends on how much you are prepared to invest into the business. I suppose you have two options start PMA where you have complete control (as long as it is on the approved business list) or work with a local and put things in their name. I think the pros and cons for each are fairly obvious.

Nydave

Jun 4, 2015
Just curious,by teaming up with a local I assume it's all the foreigners money right? ,so how much control does the foreigner have after its all set up,what percentage does each person hold in the business??