Denistrip

Nov 16, 2012
does anyone know where can I get plaga wine in 3L boxes under 400k around kuta-kerobokan? thanks

P

paulseawind

does anyone know where can I get plaga wine in 3L boxes under 400k around kuta-kerobokan? thanks

You can get Plaga red or white at 'Tip Top' in Kalibukbuk (in Lovina in Nth Bali) for 380K each. (I know you said Kuta-Kerobokan which is in the south.)
But, serious drinking follows.

If you have a bud coming to the north they can go to Tip Top which is on the main jalan next to the Chonos Hotel, in 'Lovina'.

There is also ALCOVINA in Kaliasem (nearby to Tip Top and the mosque) who would probably do a delivery deal but I think they charge around 395K a box retail. Plus their delivery charges.

Maybe keep hunting around down there in the South. Everything seems to cost more in the South of Bali.

Best luck.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I bought a 1.5 litre box of Plaga Rose in Carrefour on Sunset a few days ago (Rp 218,000) and seem to recall the 3 litre was around Rp385,000/389.000 but that's from my frail memory...they have white/red and rose.
I much prefer the Hatten rose.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
For a while the guys from Plaga would deliver to my house for a reduced amount. Contact them direct and ask for their rep in your area.

I had to stop that when the missus started using it to brush her teeth in the morning, as you do...

P

paulseawind

I much prefer the Hatten rose.

DVT, I found the Hatten Rose to be far too acidic and have given it up. I had to use Promag (antacid tablets) after consuming it.

The Hatten Aga Red is too heady for my frail frame these days. However, the Aga White gets a nudge on a regular basis.

The 3LTR Plaga is a trap for me. One of those and I disappear into another world for days at a time.

But my all-time fav drink is still cold drinking water, followed by fruit and vege smoothies and thirdly a choice from white wine, Jacks and Irish beer such as Kilkenny.

Denistrip

Nov 16, 2012
I checked carefour and they had these boxes at the price mentioned 1.5/3l for 218/385k which is not bad at all, so many thanks to Davita. Also they sell it for 240/400k in wine shop on jalan kerobokan. Plaga is way better for me than hatten, both red and white

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I believe Plaga imports the juice from Chile/Australia then does the fermentation/filtering process here in Bali. Hatten uses locally produced grapes from Lovina.
Both have their fans so enjoy...Plaga uses marketing to sell to the younger crowd.
I buy 'coz cheap. I'd like much finer wines but Indonesian customs duty is ridiculous.

MikeG

Feb 18, 2010
Gatsu, Denpasar
Anyone got any of those silver bags that contain the wine, please? If you have, I'd appreciate one (or more), to be used for my home made wine. Thanks in advance.