Permanent stay visa info for a lazy buggar

Thaiman

May 15, 2014
Im coming to Bali to live permantly. Are there agents who can arrange eveything for me, Dont want to have to do visa runs, too old and disabled,what costs could i expect? Good advise will be rewarded with a meal and a few beers. ( I have lived in Thailand for many years, and been to Bali many times, so, I know what life in Se/asia is all about.) Cheers.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
If are 55+ years of age, then the retirement visa is probably the best option.

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
I have worked with Yani at Bali IDE on Jl By-pass. Started over 10 years ago after arriving on a tourist visa. Worked with Yani,then one visa run to Singapore (the only visa run) arriving back to process KITAS (retirement). 3 years later progressed to KITAP for 5 years, and now an unlimited KITAP. Good luck.

Thaiman

May 15, 2014
Im coming to Bali to live permantly. Are there agents who can arrange eveything for me, Dont want to have to do visa runs, too old and disabled,what costs could i expect? Good advise will be rewarded with a meal and a few beers. ( I have lived in Thailand for many years, and been to Bali many times, so, I know what life in Se/asia is all about.) Cheers.
im a young 71

Thaiman

May 15, 2014
I have worked with Yani at Bali IDE on Jl By-pass. Started over 10 years ago after arriving on a tourist visa. Worked with Yani,then one visa run to Singapore (the only visa run) arriving back to process KITAS (retirement). 3 years later progressed to KITAP for 5 years, and now an unlimited KITAP. Good luck.
If you would care to email me, unclebuck4@hotmail.com I would like to meet up with u in a week or so, still in Oz, you will qualify for the meal, pie with sauce, and a few beers, for the low down on;visas, . cheers.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I agree with Spicy that the Retirement Kitas is the best long-term visa/permit for you to remain in Indonesia.
That will require an agent to apply on your behalf and there are many to choose. Ronb has made a recommendation in Bali and a check of her price for comparison is all you need to do....then provide the required information/paperwork. The agent becomes the sponsor.
When the ITAS is approved the agent will instruct you to go to your country of choice (usually Singapore, but can be your home where there may be an Indonesian Embassy/Consul) to have the ITAS stamped into your passport. You then return to Indonesia and hand your passport back to the agent for him/her to attain the KITAS/MERP. This lasts a year whereupon the agent will, for another fee, get another years extension (no need to leave).
After the 3rd Kitas is issued you can apply for a KITAP (same process) but it lasts for 5 years.

Thaiman

May 15, 2014
I agree with Spicy that the Retirement Kitas is the best long-term visa/permit for you to remain in Indonesia.
That will require an agent to apply on your behalf and there are many to choose. Ronb has made a recommendation in Bali and a check of her price for comparison is all you need to do....then provide the required information/paperwork. The agent becomes the sponsor.
When the ITAS is approved the agent will instruct you to go to your country of choice (usually Singapore, but can be your home where there may be an Indonesian Embassy/Consul) to have the ITAS stamped into your passport. You then return to Indonesia and hand your passport back to the agent for him/her to attain the KITAS/MERP. This lasts a year whereupon the agent will, for another fee, get another years extension (no need to leave).
After the 3rd Kitas is issued you can apply for a KITAP (same process) but it lasts for 5 years.

Thaiman

May 15, 2014
Many thanks. Ive been bloody confused up till now, reading all I could find about visas,now it all appears to be quite a simple process. As your over 80 Davita, I guess it will be a glass of warm milk for you instead of a beer and a beer for Spicy.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Many thanks. Ive been bloody confused up till now, reading all I could find about visas,now it all appears to be quite a simple process. As your over 80 Davita, I guess it will be a glass of warm milk for you instead of a beer and a beer for Spicy.

You're welcome but I should caution...I'm more of an expensive Cabernet Sauvignon lad although have been known to quaff an ale or two.
Yesterday, for example, I was into my third pint in the pub when wife/driver came to collect me as they didn't want me to walk home...:mad:

Thaiman

May 15, 2014
You're welcome but I should caution...I'm more of an expensive Cabernet Sauvignon lad although have been known to quaff an ale or two.
Yesterday, for example, I was into my third pint in the pub when wife/driver came to collect me as they didn't want me to walk home...:mad:
Many years ago I took7 2ltr reisling wine casks to Bali.I taped $20 to one of them if customs searched my luggage, but they didnt.