PCR testing requirements lifted for vaccinated travellers

balinews

Feb 14, 2010
Indonesian President Joko Widodo announced on Tuesday (May 17) that the country will no longer require vaccinated travellers from overseas to present a negative COVID-19 test upon entering the country.

“Domestic and international travellers who are fully vaccinated no longer need to take PCR (polymerase chain reaction) or antigen swab tests,” he announced on the presidential palace’s YouTube channel.

Indonesia lifted the test requirement for fully vaccinated domestic travellers in March but currently still requires those arriving from overseas to take a pre-departure COVID-19 test.

Speaking at a separate press conference, spokesman for Indonesia's COVID-19 task force, Wiku Adisasmito said that the new policy will take effect on Wednesday.

Reactions: sakumabali

AuroraB

Dec 17, 2021
Mask mandate lifted. Instead they are setting up 33 vaccine centers in Denpasar and target 100% booster vaccinated population! This is getting serious. If target is 100% it sounds like forced vaccination...

SamD

Sep 7, 2006
Seminyak
If I refuse to take part in a medical drug trial what are they going to do? Deport me? So Jetstar refuse to take onboard unvaccinated passengers? Indonesia refuses to accept me as an unvaccinated resident. So what now? They hold me down and the police inject the vaccine? Is this where we are now?

AuroraB

Dec 17, 2021
Covid-19 vaccination is already mandatory from regulation issued early 2021:

At the time the above mentioned article was published it was stated that Bali was not going to impose fines / sanctions for those refusing vaccine.
In reality I do not think foreigners residing here and politely declining covid-19 vaccine is going to face forced vaccination or deportation -- as that will just lead to bad press while attempting to boost tourist arrivals...

harryopal

May 5, 2016
I have never taken flu vaccines and am not a vaccine advocate but felt that if one were going to travel vaccine certificates would be required as it used to be when one had to carry a health card showing inoculations for smallpox, cholera, yellow fever so we got shots when they first became available in Bali and recently had fourth booster here in Melbourne.

SamD

Sep 7, 2006
Seminyak
I don't want the vaccine but I have to travel in November to see my daughters so I guess I have no choice. I am looking for somewhere I can get the Chinese Sinovac. I am not keen on these new fangled genetic modifying therapies, who knows what long term effects they might have? You heard about Reverse Transcription? I did A-level biology and know that when your RNA starts infecting your DNA then you are in trouble. Actually, that is a lie. But I don't want my genetic makeup modified by some artificial drug brewed up in a lab by a mad scientist.
Anyone know where I can get the Chinese vaccine in Bali?

AuroraB

Dec 17, 2021
I don't want the vaccine but I have to travel in November to see my daughters so I guess I have no choice. I am looking for somewhere I can get the Chinese Sinovac. I am not keen on these new fangled genetic modifying therapies, who knows what long term effects they might have? You heard about Reverse Transcription? I did A-level biology and know that when your RNA starts infecting your DNA then you are in trouble. Actually, that is a lie. But I don't want my genetic makeup modified by some artificial drug brewed up in a lab by a mad scientist.
Anyone know where I can get the Chinese vaccine in Bali?

In our area (Denpasar Timur) mostly AstraZenica, Pfizer and Modena for adults. Apparently Sinovac reserved for children now in Bali: See article in this link (translate using google if needed): https://bali.tribunnews.com/2022/04...ya-digunakan-untuk-anak-anak-begini-alasannya

Just type "corona vaksin bali" into google map and find puskemas near you. Call or visit and ask if you can have Sinovac.

That said AstraZenica is also made in similar "old fashion way" similar to Sinovac. AstraZenica have more reported side-effects and even "banned" in some countries, but that could due to more transparency around side effects compared to Sinovac...

We did not opt for Sinovac initially due to lack of transparency but also limited acceptance for travel. The latter might have improved somewhat by now.

Reactions: SamD

SamD

Sep 7, 2006
Seminyak
Everyone including the "vaccine police" stationed at mall entrances are getting tired and bored of this farce. I have walked into beachwalk and galleria in the last two weeks without showing evidence of vaccination.
The newly opened Bintang supermarket doesn't require vaccine or masks. Grand Lucky still does the ludicrous temperature check and requires masks. When will this lunacy end?

Reactions: Balifrog

harryopal

May 5, 2016
Absolute madness.....
Arriving Ngurah Rai Monday we were asked to show proof of vaccination which we had but not a problem. Visiting local Mall they still have the scan notice but no one seemed to use it. They have temperature check while the posted guard seemed not very interested and notice staff all wearing masks.

It seems while masks are not offering great protection they offer some. A nice thing about not wearing masks is being able to see passers by smile. They say laughter is the best medicine but smiles must be up there also.

Reactions: Markit