davita

Mar 13, 2012
I know that some members here on balipod use paypal. Twice in the last few days I've received the following email. It is fancy and has a picture but just looking at the spelling (my emphasis), and the tone, I'm wondering if this is a scam or a virus connected email if I open the link.
Anyone else get this email.... or have comment or advice?

ΡΑYΡΑl SUΡΡΟRT !

Please Update your Account Information.

Dear ΡayΡal costumer our service has been updated for new work and we will Block Your Αccount after 24 hours if you don't update your information from link below.

UΡDΑTE YΟURE Αccount

Normy

Jul 22, 2012
Perth, Sanur
Yes they are scams . I get them regularly in various formats. Some are so well done they seem genuine, others are obviously fake. I phoned Paypal and like banks they confirmed that they never send emails requesting account information. They do send emails advising of new conditions, rule changes etc.
A dead giveaway to being scam is the misspelling and typos.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Normy...I was thinking the same but wanted to protect my Paypal account. Anyway, I'll take your good advice and delete. Many thanks.

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Yes, I agree, a phishing scam. If you wanted to make really sure, login to PayPal, and click the Contact us down the bottom of the page. You can phone or email and discuss the communication.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Yes, I agree, a phishing scam. If you wanted to make really sure, login to PayPal, and click the Contact us down the bottom of the page. You can phone or email and discuss the communication.

Thanks Ronb...I feel that you and Normy and my own instinct is correct. I just deleted.
I'm a great believer in team effort and your answer is what I needed........so thanks for the help.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Jeez Davita how could you be so judgemental - even Pay Pal can have a bad spelling/grammar day.

I think it looks perfectly bonafide.

Why don't you just print your account info here on the forum and the members can have a go and see if they can access your dosh - nothing to worry about, we're all honest here...