Sally1

Jun 8, 2013
Would like opinions on the payment for a caretaker for my private villa. I am considering offering him and his family a house so he can reside on site and then look after the pool, garden and security.

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
One day I know I will write something in support of your silly ideas. Sadly it will not be today.
Rather than offer him and his family a house and a salary, why not offer the house to a western couple for a rent of 5 million a month on the proviso they look after your gardens and house.
You are well in front financially and do not have the hassle of having an Indonesian family to look after.

Sally1

Jun 8, 2013
One day I know I will write something in support of your silly ideas. Sadly it will not be today.
Rather than offer him and his family a house and a salary, why not offer the house to a western couple for a rent of 5 million a month on the proviso they look after your gardens and house.
You are well in front financially and do not have the hassle of having an Indonesian family to look after.

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
I agree with no.idea. You have a much better chance of finding a western couple to take care of your house than finding a local couple you can trust to maintain the property in the manner that you expect.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Also if you have to let them go, I think it would be only more difficult if they are living on the property.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
You put an Indo family in your house and you will have them forever.. and their parents... and the cows... and the .... and the..

Joe Writeson

Jul 30, 2013
Indonesia
You put an Indo family in your house and you will have them forever.. and their parents... and the cows... and the .... and the..

...absolutely ... and if one of their kids throws stones at a dog and gets bitten... then it will be up to you to rush the kid to hospital... you may also be expected to stump up donations towards weddings, graduation ceremonies and circumcisions ...

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
Sally dont forget to put a few Balinese"temples" up so your balinese caretaker can pray to them daily. Also 2x a year there are ceremonies to bless the houses long with the metal ones for the cars and scooters even pedal bikes. Blessing of the villas, houses,scooters is a daily event to the hindu religion .

Sally1

Jun 8, 2013
Thank you Smoke, we are constructing the main temple this week and have appointed a person to lay the daily offerings. The first stone ceremony will be conducted this week by the priest of the village.
Any suggestions Smoke are very welcome.

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
[MENTION=14405]Sally1[/MENTION] Please keep us posted on your Building progess .It is very informative to me