Flickr pics here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bert4/tags/pawai/

1157407301_671a36a968.jpg

1157436209_e8620b97ae.jpg

1157412255_891670b592.jpg

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
Excellent. That was second best to being there in person.

If only delegations from India and Pakistan could have been present at this parade (or a one of the numerous parades that took place yesterday in Bali), they would have seen that Hindu and Moslem can walk together without being at each other's throats.

Terimakasi banyak atas pertunjukan yang biak sekali. :lol:

Sanurian

Sep 28, 2004
Sanur
I love the photographs, Bert. You've done it again.

I've been at the Sanur Village Festival, on and off, since yesterday. Too many beers, hot sake, stuff like that. Too wasted to take pictures, although I managed to get some of the Cartoon Competition between Indonesia and Australia. Lots of reflections so lots of tweaking in Photoshop. When I'm able, I'll put some here...maybe tomorrow (or the next day).

The best thing I heard, so far, was a very young children's band this afternoon. Aged between 12 and 14 and they were astonishingly brilliant. Especially a young Balinese lass who sang like a veteran angel. A true rainbow in a waterfall if I've ever heard one.

One of the best things I've heard in years. Put the boring, bullshit 'Jazz band' to shame. At least, in my humble opinion.

Tomorrow is the last day of the festival. I'm going back again, in case there are more stand-out acts like that.

Lots of food as well. Cheap prices. Wish you were here...

8)