davita

Mar 13, 2012
Agreed...
Thais have just lost their king, who was somewhat of a stabilizing force through many political and military problems, and doesn't seem to have a credible alternate to chaos.
Malaysia has just constituted a new untested king (Sultan of Kelantan) and the Prime Minister is still under suspicion for the money lost from 1MDB.
Philippines has a new President who seems hell-bent to cause chaos in his country, and the South China Seas, and is ASEAN's Chairman for the next year.
Singapore is looking for new leadership to replace Prime Minister Lee.
Hong Kong is having issues with their democracy aspirations vis-a-vis China.
Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam are fence-watchers waiting to see who will fund them best.

In contrast, Indonesia only seems to have issues with the FPI who don't want that kaffir (Ahok) as Jakarta's Governer and Papuans, who want independence, although have never shown how they could govern themselves in the first place.

Bali....no problems.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Re: Post #2 by Davita

hecta thanked me for the post and Zimbo disliked it.

I'm not a fan of this facebook style like/dislike and normally ignore it.
My attitude is it's juvenile to click without comment. I'd hope that members of forums would speak their mind and create a conversation....isn't that the objective of forums...to ask/give advice and create interest or debate?

geedee

Feb 1, 2014
Sydney
Re: Post #2 by Davita

hecta thanked me for the post and Zimbo disliked it.

I'm not a fan of this facebook style like/dislike and normally ignore it.
My attitude is it's juvenile to click without comment. I'd hope that members of forums would speak their mind and create a conversation....isn't that the objective of forums...to ask/give advice and create interest or debate?

Dislike