Villas of Bali ™ is the trusted real estate company that offers the most beautiful villas for sale on Bali. Visit our experienced and helpful staff in our office in Seminyak, or search the extensive villa listing online at www.balivillasales.com, providing the most exclusive properties for sale. Villas of Bali ™ stands for quality, integrity and trust. We help you save time and money, while providing you peace of mind of your property related needs. Send us an email to info@villasofbali.com, or call us at +62 878 6249 3526.

1. Welcome Guest to the new look Balipod. If you are an existing member, just sign up with your usual username/password. Any problems you can post them here
    Dismiss Notice

Paris Cat Jazz Club

Discussion in 'Bali Expat Forum' started by JackStraw, Mar 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. JackStraw

JackStraw New Member

Hey, everyone! When I first heard that Melbourne's famous jazz club Paris Cat was opening up a location in Seminyak, I could quite excited. The website says they were supposed to open a month or two ago but I believe that hasn't happened yet. I know this is probably a stretch, but has anyone heard any updates regarding the opening of this venue?

Hope to see some of you fellow jazz lovers there some day.

2. spicyayam

spicyayam Active Member

I can check with the owner. I was invited to the opening but didn't go.

3. JackStraw

JackStraw New Member

They had the opening? Well, I guess that answers my question haha

4. davita

davita Active Member

Does anyone know the location in Seminyak...would love to visit and check it out.

JackStraw likes this.
  5. JackStraw

JackStraw New Member

Yeah, it's on Jl. Petitenget next to Cafe Organic if I'm not mistaken.

6. Steve Rossell

Steve Rossell Member

Just checked out their website and it looks good. Mahal mungkin.

7. davita

davita Active Member

Thanks Jack...I live near so I'll swing by and report back my findings.
    Booked for Saturday night....will report.

JackStraw likes this.
  8. JackStraw

JackStraw New Member

Sounds good davita. I look forward to your extensive and detailed report! Don't forget to have a little fun though.

9. davita

davita Active Member

So visited Paris Cat jazz bar last night and in a word "Disappointing."
    The place from outside looks unfinished...it has a huge sign which says "Coming Soon"
    I talked with the doorman and said I had made a reservation. The steep stairs to the first level are concrete and very uninviting. The bar and lounge area is very nice and cozy, air conditioned and smokeless. We were the only customers there at 9:00pm.
    We two guys ordered Bintang from the menu but told not in stock...only some San Mig Cerverza @ 60,000 per small bottle. My friend ordered one and I ordered Plaga Rosé @ 70,000 for a 2 sip glass. The ladies ordered soft drinks.
    We took a trip to the roof bar which I didn't find very inspiring....it was a roof! The bathrooms are nice.

The band (drums, bass and guitar) started at 9:15 as advertised, played a couple of standards..while we ordered 2 more 2 sip glasses of Plaga Cabernet which was almost undrinkable....lucky there wasn't much in the glass
    I thought the drummer was excellent but looked disinterested in playing and more excited with his i phone which he kept looking at, even doing a paradiddle....he WAS good,.
    A lady got on stage and introduced the band but most of the customers by then appeared to be guests of the band and all knew each other.
    She started to sing and she was so bad I paid the bill (Rp489,720) and we left. The staff were very good.

We went to Zappas in Jl Laksmana and had cold Bintang and BIG glasses of wine..... and the place was hopping with some blonde lesbians in football jerseys....giggling and dancing with each other and pulling up their partner's jerseys.

JackStraw likes this.
  10. Markit

Markit Active Member

Thanks for that. Reinforces my decision not to live anywhere near the south. I do go out there once in a great while and find it very hit-or-miss. One night (say a Friday) you go in somewhere and the place is heaving but 2 weeks later also on a Friday dead as a door nail and half a mill for a few shitty drinks!

Won't be going until it gets going in a year or 2, supposing it will still be there.

Anyone else noticed that the death toll of restos here seems to have accelerated? Last week saw 3 that were selling all their kit amongst which was Lilzbah's "renown" for burgers/ribs/bad service according to the reviews.

11. JackStraw

JackStraw New Member

Wow, thanks for your detailed report there. I appreciate you sacrificing your night for what seems like an underwhelming experience. Hopefully they work out the kinks and it becomes a legitimate place for good jazz on the island. The expensive drinks are also a huge turnoff for me. Zappas sure sounds like a good time though...