begonia

Oct 10, 2007
We have been having problems with the well since one week ago and finally we realized that the well is totally dry and we don't have water on the house since three days ago!
What a nightmare and shocking experience, beside next to our house we have a villa which has more than 5 swimming pools..............what a crazy world!!!
hahaha see the neighbors swimming on their pools and we with not water at home, hard to believe!!
Can you imagine not having water in your daily life? the first day was ok, the second one annoy and now is getting really hard............
We take for granted to have water normally in our houses but things can happen and my husband is saying we have to wait the rain season, but I am still remember last year the rainy season if my memory is not bad started around December o January or even later, I only know that now the rainy season is shorter than before and rain much much less than before.
A few weeks ago I went to Bangli to visit some families who doesn't have water in their houses, the spring water where they used to bath theirselves were dry as well, some of the families made tanks in their houses but I was shock to know how much they pay for the water, 250.000 rp per around 4 weeks...............for families who has not really much income.
I remember the first time i saw the families I though they were dirty, they were the dirtiest people I have ever met but soon I understood why, can you imagine to have maybe only 10 liters per a day in your house, how can you cook, bath, clean your clothes and your house with that?
I saw the mother "bathing" the baby with the small ladle plastic we use to have at home at the toilet...........
I am still trying to think about how to deal with this and praying for the rainy season come!!! Happen every year I miss more and more the rainy season.....
What a blessing to have water!!!
I hate to see such a huge contrast tourists business are making in Bali...........Bali still have a lot poverty around............

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Tonight (new moon) would be a good time to run a pipe the neighbors pool and pump it out...

Be very cautious when accepting Markit's attitude to resolving issues and problems...the new moon in Bali does not start until 08:05 am.... tomorrow morning.
Bali has a serious problem over lack of water and power...it will take Balinese to comprehend if they wish ceremony over science.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Idiot, I meant its gonna be dark at night so they don't get caught running a pipe...

I'm sorry...it was not my intent that you cannot tell members how to steal. I'm just saying...don't get caught following a bule clown that doesn't know the time of day.:icon_rolleyes:

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Be very cautious when accepting Markit's attitude to resolving issues and problems...the new moon in Bali does not start until 08:05 am.... tomorrow morning.
Bali has a serious problem over lack of water and power...it will take Balinese to comprehend if they wish ceremony over science.

Edit to hafri who seems to like and dislike my above post #4 at the same time...PM Markit ...I'm sure he will know someone that can help you.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I know people like to blame the pools and hotels for wasting water in Bali, but how many times do you see taps dripping constantly. One of the first houses we moved to had two dripping taps, which I got fixed the next day after we moved in as I couldn't stand the sound. I wonder how long they had been like that. Ban people from hosing down their driveways and installing rain water tanks would go some way to fixing the problem.

Steve Rossell

Apr 18, 2015
I thought the same Shoggard. Water tanks would be of great benefit as long as bio degradable cleansers in the kitchen, bathroom etc were used and then redistributed to gardens etc. and with minimal filtration would be perfectly fine potable water. "driveways" (full stop). Drop out "and". Next sentence, "installing rain water tanks......",
I think.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I thought the same Shoggard. Water tanks would be of great benefit as long as bio degradable cleansers in the kitchen, bathroom etc were used and then redistributed to gardens etc. and with minimal filtration would be perfectly fine potable water. "driveways" (full stop). Drop out "and". Next sentence, "installing rain water tanks......",
I think.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Unfortunately problems don't get addressed here until it is too late.

kiteman

Sep 13, 2013
Years ago I spent some time in Western Samoa, a truly beautiful place. The water supply was via a very long plastic pipe around the island with numerous taps. At one place the tap seemed to be permanently running. When I asked why, I was told that they leave it running so they know when the water supply is cut off!

hafri

Sep 25, 2009
Sorry Davita... I hit the wrong button first... I dislike your post... U got no sence of humor...

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Sorry Davita... I hit the wrong button first... I dislike your post... U got no sence of humor...

Apology accepted...I'm happy that it was simple finger trouble as I initially thought you may be schizophrenic.

Sorry to hear you think I have no humor as you wrote...."U got no sence of humor"
I didn't understand what is meant by sence so looked up the urban dictionary and found the answer....

Sence
This is how idiots spell sense, since they have no sense, they can't f'e'cking spell it.

Now that IS funny.

SHoggard

Nov 28, 2011
Singapore
Apology accepted...I'm happy that it was simple finger trouble as I initially thought you may be schizophrenic.

Sorry to hear you think I have no humor as you wrote...."U got no sence of humor"
I didn't understand what is meant by sence so looked up the urban dictionary and found the answer....

Sence
This is how idiots spell sense, since they have no sense, they can't f'e'cking spell it.

Now that IS funny.

Methinks thou doth Google too much

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Methinks thou doth Google too much

Just to keep the record straight I don't use Google at all, although I have Google chrome set-up on this computer. I'm still stuck on my old AOL browser....I think it's Internet Explorer....but not sure as I'm not very savvy around computers. I also don't have a spell-check. That's why when wrongly spelled words appear.....it doesn't help.:icon_e_confused:

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I can spell it in norwegian.... Ingen humor i hele tatt... Idiot... Look that up.

if I wanted to join an Norwegian forum, and not have the language to engage, I would certainly not have the audacity to tell others how their humor works, in that language, nor the impertinance to suggest that anyone is an idiot.
Please be advised this is an expat forum intrinsically in the English language format.... although other language is accepted for effect.

hafri

Sep 25, 2009
So when i dont write absolutely correct you make a point of it? Get a life... Go out sometimes... Not everyone on this forum has english as their main languages... I can speak some indonesian 2... swedish, danish, german. Not so good at writing.